PDA

View Full Version : Help Identifying 3 bits I have

vltrnjd
07-13-2018, 06:05 PM
I was doing an inventory of my bits and found three I can't find on the products section. These are itty bitty - The far left one is about 1/2" long and was marked BCT062A -

Any ideas what these are?

SteveNelson46
07-14-2018, 09:58 AM
The one on the left appears to be a broken 1/8" cutting bit with a CT adapter. Probably not usable. The one on the right is a standard 1/16" carving bit. To use it in the CW you will need a sleeve or adapter. The one in the middle appears to have an adapter for another system and is not usable on the CW.

CarverJerry
07-14-2018, 11:43 AM
The one in the middle is a bit (end mill) that is pushed into the cap of the container that it came in, it's plastic but not sure what bit size really is, some kind of end mill, I've got lots of different end mills that I used when I worked in the machine shops. Guessing it's like 3/32" dia end mill with maybe a radius on the corners, hard to tell from the picture.

vltrnjd
07-15-2018, 02:54 PM
It's crazy but the one on the left is brand new - has the wax on the end. It has the number of a 1/8 cutting bit but with an A at the end instead of the P as sold.