PDA

View Full Version : Moving the finished project

kwbcpastor
07-13-2018, 05:07 PM
Hey guys, Is there anyway to move a project I've built on my home computer to my shop computer. I work in two places and would like each of my designs on each computer,but cannot figure a way to move the projects from one to the other without redrawing it....ugh. Help please.

fwharris
07-13-2018, 05:24 PM
Save it to a flash drive, set up a home network, save to a cloud storage and/or email it to yourself.

kwbcpastor
07-13-2018, 06:41 PM
Thanks Brother, I'll get somebody to interpret that and help this old man get er done. LOL.

MRcarvey
07-13-2018, 09:09 PM
Get a $5 thumb drive, plug it into your USB port and just copy it like any other drive (only it's portable). That's about as low-tech as I can get.:cool:

DickB
07-13-2018, 09:34 PM
If both computers are online I recommend using Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive. Both are free. Both will automatically upload your files to the cloud and download them to your other computer when you turn that computer on. In other words, folders on each computer are kept synchronised. Files are also automatically backed up in case you have a computer failure.

kwbcpastor
07-14-2018, 05:50 AM
Hey that's right down my line.. I can do that!

CarverJerry
07-14-2018, 11:45 AM
You could always email the file to yourself.

cjones
07-14-2018, 12:37 PM
I use DropBox for all of my projects. It is the same as what Dick said below. If I edit a file on either of my devices, it automatically updates the other computer so I am not having multiple copies that I have to go through. It is also free up to I believe 2.2GB.

kwbcpastor
07-15-2018, 07:26 AM
I really am not computer savvy. Do I download "Dropbox" to both computers? Can I get it from google?

Scooby
07-15-2018, 08:28 AM
Ken - are both computers online? Do both computers have Designer? A thumb drive would be the easiest for you.

kwbcpastor
07-16-2018, 09:09 AM
yes to all, Thank you . the thumd drive does seem easy.

DickB
07-16-2018, 09:22 AM
Thumb drive is easy for moving one file, but it won't keep your folders and files synchronized.

Pick one: Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, or Dropbox. If you already have a Google or Microsoft account, pick that one, as you'll be one step up - you'll need to setup an account with whatever service you choose. Google your choice, and download the software on both machines. Just follow the prompts. Log in with the same credentials on both computers. Your files will be synchronized and stay in sync as long as the computers are online. Once you've completed setup, the rest is easy, because you do not need to do anything.