PDA

View Full Version : Decided to returm my CC to Sears

jeepers94
03-31-2007, 11:13 PM
I picked up my machine friday.I then tried to order bits from Carvewright and Sears,no go. I couldn't even get a 1/2" adaptor.How do they expect you to try the machine,and see what it can do? Well,this got me thinking.I haven't seen anyone with 200 hours on a machine,even with several weeks of down time.This thing is a neat toy,but not reliable at all.I expect to have problems with any computer operated machine,I am a certified computer tech. I will watch the progress of this carver,but for now I need something more stable. I have placed my order for a new Shopbot. I know compared to the $1368 my Compucarve cost me,the $14,000 for the Shopbot is more than I really wanted to spend,but I already have orders for 2 sets of custom carved oak cabinets. I will check in a couple months from now,to see how the problems are getting worked out.Maybe I can help with some of your files working with them in Artcam.I am in no way saying the Comucarve is not worth buying,it just isn't for me.I have never liked Sears,which also figures into the mix.Good luck and happy carving to you all!

RC Woodworks
03-31-2007, 11:27 PM
jeepers, sorry it didn't work for you. I exchanged 3 machines and I have been using the 4th one so far ok. Well except I need a new cut motor sensor. Since they offered the lastest software this problem has came up. I get check cut motor message about 2 minutes into the project. I then press enter and it has finished everytime. Even last night I stopped the machine by opening the cover and it started today with out stopping.

Now I don't want to think of what may happen with the next update. But anything I mean anything that goes wrong. That I need to send the CC in for repair in the 90 day return window that will be it.

I have been looking at the Techno CNC machines and Plasma Cam, plus Shop Bot. That dang CC has really made me lazy and I don't want to go back to hand routing all my signs!

JOHNB
03-31-2007, 11:27 PM
Sorry Jeepers........ But We'll See You Back In A Few Months

rjp736
03-31-2007, 11:29 PM
Jeepers94, sorry to hear that. I know you have read about problems with the machine (I've had mine and worked through them) but for me...it's worth it. Best of luck with your shopbot and hope you get a chance to use this machine someday. Very user friendly compared to the $$$ units.

Ron Smith
04-01-2007, 07:28 AM
I know compared to the $1368 my Compucarve cost me,the $14,000 for the Shopbot is more than I really wanted to spend,but I already have orders for 2 sets of custom carved oak cabinets.

If you're doing production work like this and hopefully will have plenty of orders in the future, you probably made the right decision to go with the ShopBot. It is much more production oriented and because of the larger size, is more versatile. The CarveWright machine is fun to play with for small stuff though. Enjoy.

Bolts & Chips
04-09-2007, 03:29 PM
I returned mine last week, it never finished the first carving. I intend to try it again, but I'm going to wait a while and hopefully the quality will improve and parts and bits will be avialable.