PDA

View Full Version : Flexishaft replaced and now I get Check cut motor

vltrnjd
07-11-2018, 06:00 PM
It is Error code E37 0314 I have a B machine. The calibration test for rotary spin did not register manual spins. Also I was able to cut one test pattern before getting the check cut motor message. I do not hear the cut motor come on or spin before the error. If I tell it to proceed the bit does not spin. I am thinking I need a new cut sensor or even a new spindle cut motor assembly? ANy thoughts?

bergerud
07-11-2018, 07:02 PM
A faulty rpm sensor should not stop the cut motor from working. You would get a check cut motor warning and then the machine would continue but without the speed control. It sounds to me like you have two separate problems. The rpm sensor does not work and the cut motor is not getting power. I would worry first about the cut motor power. The right cover switch is the place to start.

fwharris
07-11-2018, 07:05 PM
Make sure that all of the power wiring to the cut motor is connected, the connectors in the back corner by the cut motor.

Make sure the wiring to the cut motor sensor is plugged in.

Make sure the clear cover is closing all of the way to make the contacts of the cut motor switch.

vltrnjd
07-11-2018, 10:26 PM
I will check these.

vltrnjd
07-11-2018, 10:46 PM
I will check it.

vltrnjd
07-12-2018, 04:29 PM
I did this and it works. I think there may have been a chip or dust on the right side cover sensor and I think that did it however I went back through and made sure every connection was clean and tight. You had helped me a year or so ago with this next problem. I printed it off and now I can't find the print out or the full string. The bit does not reach the wood surface. It finds the bit and locates the surface but when the pattern is run it is 1/4 inch above the surface. I have made sure the firm ware updates were correct. I formatted the card, chose the updated firmware and uploaded the project but the problem persists. You had me do something else. Could I bother you again to repeat the instructions? You had me do ? a format of the machine? Thank you for your expert help. Vicki

Digitalwoodshop
07-12-2018, 08:40 PM
Please watch when the bit is loaded and goes through the bit checks. I BET you are going to find that the bit NEVER touches the Bit Plate.... You need to watch that EVERY TIME... It should touch twice... 3 times if it finds a difference between the first touch and the 2nd.

During the bit touch the machine monitors the z motor current. When it touches the bit plate it reverses because it saw a increase in Motor Current. A DIRTY Z ROLLER RAIL can act as a speed bump and make the machine think it touched the metal bit plate but stopped SHORT... Like a 1/4 inch SHORT... Leaving your project to AIR CARVE....

Dirty Z Rubber Belt and Dirty or Bad Z Roller Bearings can cause this too.

AL

vltrnjd
07-12-2018, 10:06 PM
[QUOTE=Digitalwoodshop;270173]Please watch when the bit is loaded and goes through the bit checks. I BET you are going to find that the bit NEVER touches the Bit Plate.... You need to watch that EVERY TIME... It should touch twice... 3 times if it finds a difference between the first touch and the 2nd.

During the bit touch the machine monitors the z motor current. When it touches the bit plate it reverses because it saw a increase in Motor Current. A DIRTY Z ROLLER RAIL can act as a speed bump and make the machine think it touched the metal bit plate but stopped SHORT... Like a 1/4 inch SHORT... Leaving your project to AIR CARVE....

Dirty Z Rubber Belt and Dirty or Bad Z Roller Bearings can cause this too."

I did see it touch the bit plate each time - but I can always clean the belt areas. It happened before and Mr. Harris had a software fix.

fwharris
07-12-2018, 10:48 PM
I did see it touch the bit plate each time - but I can always clean the belt areas. It happened before and Mr. Harris had a software fix.

The only thing I can recall was the patch that CarveWright had to do for some people who had issues with doing V carves and the bit not going down to the full depth for the carve. Are you doing centerline text carves?

vltrnjd
07-13-2018, 12:16 AM
Nope - just some basic patterns. There was a way that I had to delete the programming on the machine and reinstall it. It worked like a charm.

fwharris
07-13-2018, 10:18 AM
Nope - just some basic patterns. There was a way that I had to delete the programming on the machine and reinstall it. It worked like a charm.

I am at a loss right now to recall what your problem was and what I had you do. Any chance you can video of your problem?

dbemus
07-13-2018, 02:37 PM
Is this the former Thread with the solution: Z truck not lowering bit to board during the pattern - Help, please! (https://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?29398-Z-truck-not-lowering-bit-to-board-during-the-pattern-Help-please!)

vltrnjd
07-13-2018, 05:10 PM
Thank-you for finding it. I have done that this time and did not work. I have a message into support. Love you guys for being so helpful though!