PDA

View Full Version : Y shaft pre order requests!!!

tackytim
07-11-2018, 04:07 PM
I will be making replacement Y shafts so users can recondition their extra gear boxes if they choose. I would like to know a rough idea of how many people will want so I have enough material.

The cost will be $7 plus actual shipping costs. They are very small so I expect it to be reasonable.

If you are interested, please respond here or on the Facebook carvaholic group.

Thanks!

-Tim

joe_s
07-11-2018, 05:41 PM
I would like 1 then you are ready.
maybe more
joe

earlyrider
07-11-2018, 08:59 PM
I'd like 3,
Thanks.
Ron

Digitalwoodshop
07-12-2018, 12:58 PM
Tim,

WOW... $7.00.... That is a great price... Put me down for 20 please. I am in this for the long haul....

I will get a check off on Tuesday when I go to the Post Office to help you pay for the materials.

Thanks,

AL

henry1
07-12-2018, 01:54 PM
Put me down for 5 please ,just let me know when they will be ready you take paypal I hope could send it now if you like

Mugsowner
07-12-2018, 05:28 PM
i will grab 4 of them up. Let my know how you would like to get paid.

tackytim
07-12-2018, 05:42 PM
Thanks guys for your pre order requests. I am expecting my initial material tomorrow so will start fabricating monday. Please bear with me as I get them going and will get them out as soon as possible. No payment will be necessary until they're ready to ship. Thanks for your interest in these parts!!! I will be in touch.

-Tim

oscarl48
07-12-2018, 06:13 PM
Tim,

Thanks for doing this. I'd like to reserve 2 as well.

Regards,
Oscar

want2b
07-13-2018, 07:45 PM
I haven't reach the point of doing this rebuild but would like to place an order for three for the future. As with the others let me know when and how much along with how to pay you.
Thanks for your time and effort to make this work,
Rick H

Dale
07-13-2018, 10:04 PM
I'll take three, thanks.

MRcarvey
09-27-2018, 07:19 PM
I'm maybe getting in on this a little late but if the Tim-shafts are still available I would like to get 3 - please.

tackytim
09-28-2018, 06:37 AM
MRcarvey, sure thing. I sent you a message with details.

Digitalwoodshop
09-29-2018, 10:50 AM
GET while the GET'n is GOOD.... Since the "Y" gearbox is the highest fail item in the machine ahead of the FFC Cable and Dusty Board Sensors and Flex Shafts... NOW is the time to get while the get'n is GOOD.... Tim is making a Quality Replacement Part... Paying $90.00 plus $12.00 shipping is the alternate... And unless you are religious about changing the "Y" Bearings you will someday need to replace the "Y" Shaft.

Just my honest opinion...

AL

Mugsowner
10-02-2018, 05:32 PM
I finally got around to ordering my bearings. I went with the 685 2RS bearings over the 685 ZZ bearing, since the Z suffix stands for dust shield. ZZ only means one on each side. The 2RS suffix stands for two rubber seals, which have the ability to hold even water out of the bearing. They normally cost a bit more. I purchased a large amount to get the price down a bit. If anyone needs or wants some of these bearings, I can offer them up for 75 cents each plus shipping. Shipping should a low as these are small bearings. I had them spec'ed out in the machine shop at work and they are up to spec 5mm id x 11mm od x 5mm wide

henry1
10-03-2018, 09:22 AM
I finally got around to ordering my bearings. I went with the 685 2RS bearings over the 685 ZZ bearing, since the Z suffix stands for dust shield. ZZ only means one on each side. The 2RS suffix stands for two rubber seals, which have the ability to hold even water out of the bearing. They normally cost a bit more. I purchased a large amount to get the price down a bit. If anyone needs or wants some of these bearings, I can offer them up for 75 cents each plus shipping. Shipping should a low as these are small bearings. I had them spec'ed out in the machine shop at work and they are up to spec 5mm id x 11mm od x 5mm wide

were did you get your bearing from please

bergerud
10-03-2018, 12:00 PM

I was thinking that since the new gear box with the larger bearing seems to also fail, the problem may be the grease. Maybe the grease gets broken down after 250 hours of the high pressure in the bearing. What if you took off the two inner seals and filled the space between the bearings with some really good grease. I wonder if the larger volume of grease would extend the bearing life.

henry1
10-03-2018, 01:36 PM
I was thinking that since the new gear box with the larger bearing seems to also fail, the problem may be the grease. Maybe the grease gets broken down after 250 hours of the high pressure in the bearing. What if you took off the two inner seals and filled the space between the bearings with some really good grease. I wonder if the larger volume of grease would extend the bearing life.
That is a very good ideal never thought of that , I will do this from now on with cintecric grease

Mugsowner
10-03-2018, 05:16 PM
Dan, you could be on to something here. With the size of these bearings and the abuse they take, I could see the grease breaking down and being an issue. The bearing are from a RC dealer. These are used in many RC cars and other RC type vehicles.

want2b
12-07-2022, 11:16 AM
Know this is an old post but wondered if Tim is still around and willing to provide these? I'm not on Facebook so don't know if he is posting there.

I will be making replacement Y shafts so users can recondition their extra gear boxes if they choose. I would like to know a rough idea of how many people will want so I have enough material.

The cost will be $7 plus actual shipping costs. They are very small so I expect it to be reasonable.

If you are interested, please respond here or on the Facebook carvaholic group.

Thanks!

-Tim

tackytim
12-09-2022, 12:27 PM
Hello,

Yes I am around still. Thankfully I got an email notifying me of your post. I don't usually visit the forums too much anymore. You can always send me a message directly through the forum as well. I get an email that way also. Thanks for reaching out. I will send you a message now.