PDA

View Full Version : Z Axis error due to ribbon being pulled out

carvingbyme
07-06-2018, 12:12 PM
Need assistance: I just bought a another used carvewright with problems. I was told it was a board sensor issue which I've dealt with before, but before I even get to it, I'm getting a z axis error - won't move at all. I think the issue is the ribbon cable that attaches to the back of the truck - it's loose - like it was pulled out. I can see the old glue on it. I tried to wedge it in with a thin piece of card board on the side without contacts, but it's not working of course. Is there a part to purchase to fix this? Or should I try reapplying glue (instead of wedging cardboard) and sticking it back in there? I'm afraid the glue would make things worse. Thanks!

fwharris
07-06-2018, 01:09 PM
Make sure you remove the black plastic cover to insure you are getting the cable inserted into the connector correctly. Trying to do so with the cover in place you can not be sure that it is being inserted into the connector correctly. The "glue" is just a caulking to prevent the cable from being removed easily.

Since it is a used machine the ribbon cable (FFC cable) might be damaged (cracked/torn) right at the black support bracket at the back of the machine. If it is it will give you Z stall and board sensor errors.

carvingbyme
07-06-2018, 01:13 PM
Floyd, you got it. Fixed. now to deal with board sensor.

Digitalwoodshop
07-06-2018, 04:39 PM
For users following, this is also being commented on in a post on the Facebook CW Page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1041312339227740/