PDA

View Full Version : Error Code E05-324

bamaman315
06-30-2018, 08:01 AM
I am starting to have some major issues with my machine . I am working with the rotary jig with 3 inch pvc pipe as show in the carvewright site. I load the project the machine homes itself then it measures the distance , it ask to load the carving bit , I do and close the door and hit enter , usally the cut motor would rotate with the bit , now it wont , it just goes to the keyboard side like it is going to check for thickness. The bit does not go all the way down to the fixture , it tries two to three times then snaps had to the keyboard side of the machine and gives me the error code. I tried to video it but it is too big to attach to a email or text from my phone . I have changed the ribbon for the z truck , I also replaced the termination board. It figures I would have this when carvewright is closed. If anyone has the LHR troubleshooting guide for the errors codes or knows what causes this could you please let me know. My email is woody315@centurytel.net . I am in desperate state here. Please help !

bamaman315
06-30-2018, 08:19 AM
https://youtu.be/nKkpw3a9C3g
here is the video link finally got it loaded , I think ?

Digitalwoodshop
06-30-2018, 09:40 AM
I don't have a CLUE with the Rotary but I did see this when I was looking at maintenance packages.. A Guide on the Rotary... I bet you are forgetting a step... Read this and check your setup.

http://support.carvewright.com/troubleshooting-rotary-jig-calibration/

AL

bergerud
06-30-2018, 09:47 AM
I think that if a long bit does not make it to the top of the jig for a touch, it must be software. Have you re-flashed the firmware on the card?

(Question: For 3" PVC pipe, can you not just use a regular carving bit?)

bamaman315
06-30-2018, 10:29 AM
I have the long bit that came with the rotary jig. I have already done multiple carvings and all came out good . I'm not missing any steps when trying to carve. The bit used to rotate after you installed it and hit enter then it would move to keyboard side. it don't spin no more. I added the video above.

bergerud
06-30-2018, 11:11 AM
Flex sheath catching on the top of the machine?

Digitalwoodshop
06-30-2018, 12:37 PM
Cut Motor don't spin is a right side cover switch problem most likely. Can you do a manual test of the cut motor with the jig in and setup.

If the manual test fails then try to manually push in the right side switch and try again.

Then if no work it is off to the X Termination board.

Glad you did not skip any steps.

AL

bamaman315
06-30-2018, 01:51 PM
I wish it was that simple , I even rotated the cap for the cable 180 out and still same issue

bamaman315
06-30-2018, 01:53 PM
I already replaced the termination board . are they two of them ? The one I replaced is where the Y motor plugs into

bamaman315
07-01-2018, 08:25 AM
Ok went back to the shop this morning and replaced the termination board again and did the manual tests and all test worked but just as soon as it went to the z axis test it throws up error message E06-0324 , I am at a loss here , any ideas on what I can do ?

SteveNelson46
07-01-2018, 09:08 AM
Check your FFC cable and it's connections. If you have a spare, try replacing it. Sometimes it can have breaks in the wires with no apparent damage.

bamaman315
07-01-2018, 03:58 PM
ok just came in from shop got rid of the error code. problem now is when I do the tests , everything works good until it gets to testing the cut motor. The display says motor running hit any key to stop. problem is motor is not turning at all. any ideas?

SteveNelson46
07-01-2018, 07:00 PM
It could be a cover switch. Check the brushes in the cut motor. You can also connect the cut motor leads directly to 120 volts to see if it runs. It's safer to do it while the motor is still in the machine. Lots of torque on startup.

Digitalwoodshop
07-01-2018, 09:18 PM
ok just came in from shop got rid of the error code. problem now is when I do the tests , everything works good until it gets to testing the cut motor. The display says motor running hit any key to stop. problem is motor is not turning at all. any ideas?

Look at my post on this thread #7 about the right side cover switch.

Lots of Ideas.

AL

bamaman315
07-08-2018, 06:23 PM
same error message different machine , when using the rotary jig with long bit , the truck goes to the right side and the bit touches the bit plate one time , then I get the error message. Any ideas?

bergerud
07-08-2018, 08:41 PM
Can you post a picture of the long bit and adapter itself. Maybe the bit has slipped out of the adapter some and is just too long.

bamaman315
07-09-2018, 04:47 PM
Ok I must have a elf that went into garage and worked on my machine, I came in today and loaded a regular carving pattern on a different card and machine went through the steps with no problem. so I loaded the original card with the rotary pattern and it also went through all the steps with no problems and started carving. I will let everyone know how it did . I have everything that can be crossed crossed and double crossed. LOL