PDA

View Full Version : How to Narrow Lines

dustyshp
03-31-2007, 07:20 PM
Had my machine a 2 weeks now, well I am on my second one Sears exchanged the first one as it quite working.

How do I get a narrower line width. I imported a drawing with different line widths and the lines always come out about 1/8" wide. I have tried changing the height and can see no difference.

I did a search and found how to widen lines but not how to narrow them.

I am sure this is probably something real easy, but I am new at this and have not figured it out yet.

RC Woodworks
03-31-2007, 07:26 PM
Are you using the rollers? If so the rollers will change the font size and reduce the size of the whole project

dustyshp
03-31-2007, 07:58 PM
I am trying to do a map of the US with all the states. There is no text on the drawing just the map.

The drawing is 14" x 22" and with 1/8 wide lines the smaller states are so small that they almost do not exist.

I am not sure which rollers you are talking about?

Jeff_Birt
03-31-2007, 08:01 PM
What bit are you using to carve the lines?

Digitalwoodshop
03-31-2007, 08:18 PM
In the start up of doing a project the LCD on the keyboard will ask you a very important question. Stay under rollers 1 yes 2 no. If you select yes, your board had better be 8 inches longer than the board setting on your project in Designer. If not, after measuring the project and the board it could scale your project down to fit by subtracting 8 inches from the board you physically placed in the Carve Machine.

Short boards have problems as they kick up inside the machine, the rollers are made to hold the wood down. For safety just plan to make the physical board 8 inches longer than the project board in designer.

Good luck,

AL

dustyshp
03-31-2007, 08:32 PM
I am using the 1/16" bit. The lines in designer are 1/8" wide and the bit makes several passes and makes them 1/8" wide. This is and AutoCad drawing that I am saving as a .bmp then importing into Designer.

I have tried making the board longer with the same results.

In Designer the lines are 1/8" wide.

dustyshp
03-31-2007, 08:53 PM
I thought it might be easier to look at the project and see what I am doing wrong.

Sarge
03-31-2007, 09:07 PM
dustyshp, the mpc you posted is larger (the outside edge of the bmp) than your board. I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish but, check the attached mpc out and see if it will fit your needs.

GSchm87408
04-01-2007, 06:18 PM
Sarge,
Nice job to the map!
If I can ask, what did you all do to it?
It is much cleaner and crisp
Glenn

rjp736
04-01-2007, 06:54 PM
Looks good Sarge

Sarge
04-01-2007, 07:41 PM
dustyshp ;
I didn't do anything to your map. I borrowed the map from this thread: http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2046&highlight=coin+map (http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread: php?t=2046&highlight=coin+map)

I then deleted all the coin recesses and saved it as USA map. WORK SMARTER, NOT HARDER!!!!!! :D :D :D