PDA

View Full Version : Error While Carving with Carrier Board

lesuer27
06-14-2018, 08:55 PM
I loaded a board that 9"x48" on a carrier board thats 12x48 and after it measures the board it goes to the right side of the board and tries to touch off on the slider plate, but it touches on the carrier board instead. Then it gives me the error Ensure Slider Plate something something. I have carved several times with this carrier board with smaller project boards and have not had this. What gives, how do I fix it?

thanks!

Digitalwoodshop
06-14-2018, 10:06 PM
If the slider is involved then you must have a cut path. You could put a small block of the same thickness wood next to the 9 inch wood to make up the difference between 9 and 12 inch wide.

DickB
06-15-2018, 06:33 AM
When measuring the board, does the head travel all the way to the edge of the carrier, or does it stop short (like at the edge of your project board)?

lesuer27
06-16-2018, 09:24 AM
It stops just after the project board and touches off on the carrier board. I'm assuming that it is looking for the slider but hits the carrier instead.

lesuer27
06-16-2018, 09:27 AM
If the slider is involved then you must have a cut path.

Correct! I guess I was wondering why it was touching off on that side, when my other signs haven't. I have a few cut paths in the shape of circles with a 1/2" hole in the center that I will be using to put in my ring master. Very excited about this as it will save me alot of time cutting those rings out with a jig saw!

DickB
06-16-2018, 10:22 AM
It stops just after the project board and touches off on the carrier board. I'm assuming that it is looking for the slider but hits the carrier instead.When measuring in Y the sensor needs to find the edge of your carrier, not your project board. I use carriers with end cap boards and position the end cap under the sensor so that it always measures the carrier. What does your carrier look like? Photo?

lesuer27
06-19-2018, 08:57 AM
Its just a 12x48" piece of MDF and I tape a piece of 3.5" board on each end of the project, but nothing that runs along the long edge of the project.

What are the axis labels of the machine,

Example Z up and down, X in and out, and Y left to right (from keypad to touchoff place)?

fwharris
06-19-2018, 09:50 AM
Its just a 12x48" piece of MDF and I tape a piece of 3.5" board on each end of the project, but nothing that runs along the long edge of the project.

What are the axis labels of the machine,

Example Z up and down, X in and out, and Y left to right (from keypad to touchoff place)?

Example Z up and down, X in and out, and Y left to right (from keypad to touchoff place)? That is correct!