PDA

View Full Version : Z axis stall and now board feed slipping

Rampie
03-31-2007, 06:44 PM
Got my machine in Jan. Could not use it much cause of cold weather here in PA. Carved a few things on it, a little over 12 hours to be exact. Went to message a board today and got a Z axis stall and then the feed table gets to one spot and just sets there and slips. sounds like a striped gear, I will call CW monday and from what everyone says I don't see having any trouble getting support to get it up and running. Hopefully it won't be to long cause i love my carver.

Rampie

MAG
03-31-2007, 07:20 PM
Check and see if your lumber has a cup, crown or twist. If so place on jointer.

Digitalwoodshop
03-31-2007, 07:29 PM
Make sure you look close at where you place the board against the side board stop and on the brass roller. I had a board up on the board guide vice being up against the rail and caused a board stall.

AL

Rampie
03-31-2007, 08:50 PM
thanks for the reply friends, but the board was planned first, I then tried another piece of wood and it did the same thing. was not on the rails on the sides, was in between where it is suppost to be. pretty sure there is a gear that must be missing some teeth.

Rampie

Rampie
04-02-2007, 12:33 PM
Well I went to sears this morning where I bought it. I am still with in the 90 day return, exchange policy. They want to send it to there repair center, but I told them I would think they will have to send it back to carvewright. they had no clue, so they tried to call there service center and couldn't find out what to do. Then they called carvewright that I sugested and I left my name and number. She then sent them an email . So I was left with taking the compucarve down to the store tomorrow and then I guess they will figure it out from there. So I assume I will be down awhile. boho

Rampie

DocWheeler
04-02-2007, 06:29 PM
My CC suffered the ?-axis stall yesterday (can not recall if it was X or Y) and then got the infamous "Close Cover" error repeatedly. Since it was from Sears, there are no instructions regarding taking the top off - but I have heard warnings about voided warantees!
So I called CarveWright this evening (yes I was polite) and was told that the proper thing to do is to send the machine to CarveWright, "Sears only sells them". They are sending a shipping label.
Now the question - what am I getting for the service contract that I just purchased from Sears?

Rampie
04-02-2007, 08:53 PM
Carvewright called today and had me check a few things. One of which was to remove the sandpaper traction and check for rollup on the edges. When i was removing the gear cover as told to do to check sandpaper. It was as i suspected, I notice a couple teeth missing on one of the gears. So I called back and left message and they will probably call tomorrow. They where very nice on the phone. I am hoping that they can send me the gear and i can put it on. don't look to hard, just a couple allen set screws holding them on. Well happy carving and will keep informed how things turn out.

Rampie

Rampie
04-04-2007, 01:38 PM
Talked to carvewright today and they are sending out the gear. So i have the old one out and waiting to get the new one and put it back in. So hopefully i will be back in business soon.

Rampie

Rampie
04-11-2007, 07:05 AM
Got the gear while i was away for easter. Put it in yesterday and everything working good. Hopefully will be doing some carving later today. Thank you everyone from carvewright for the excellent support and fast shipping the part.

Rampie

Gman_Ind
04-11-2007, 05:51 PM
Doc, Sears folks should be able to exchange your machine for a replacement. True they don't fix them.

Rampie
04-14-2007, 07:55 PM
Spent all day out in the garage carving a sign for my buddy. worked great, had no problems. Will try to post a pic in the gallery tomorrow or monday. Cold weather hitting again today, so probably be a few days before i can get to some other projects i have to do. enough of this winter stuff i am ready for spring. Carve on my friends.

Rampie