PDA

View Full Version : I want to know if I did this right????

Loriblackdog
05-03-2018, 12:56 PM
:confused::confused::confused:
Hi All,

I usually post under techniques, how ever, everyone must be busy. I want to cut out first names, then in a carved region would be the last name with wedding date. I followed the steps in the ask bud video on cut outs?? I am attaching something that is close to what I want. Could someone just let me know if I got any part right and if so, what was wrong so that I can fix it. I greatly appreciate your help. As always......THANK YOU.....THANK YOU...................THANK YOU

lORIBLACKDOG8589885899858998590085898

fwharris
05-03-2018, 02:17 PM
It the pictures you posted the names are not cut out and placed/glues onto the board. They are carved on the board. The different heights are done by adjusting the heights to get a layered look.

Loriblackdog
05-04-2018, 04:19 AM
Hi FW,

I know that on the board I showed you they were carved at different regions, I want to be able to glue mine on. I followed the ask bud video on cut outs, I got the text made it outlined, then deleted the text and added circle to join b & i. I just want to know if anyone could look at my attachment and let me know. If not tell me what is wrong and I will find out how to fix it. I greatly appreciate anyone who can offer help to me, I really am trying to learn.

Loriblackdog:confused::):):)

cestout
05-06-2018, 04:23 PM
You question was "Am I doing this right?" Floyd's answer and mine is no. Billy won't carve our like that because the narrow areas will chip away. And gluing it on won't work because there will be nothing under it to glue to. As Floyd said, do it in layers. If the carved out area is at .25 (default) set the black lettering a .25 and height of 100 to start. Placed the white lettering over that at maybe .175. Use at least medium draft. Adjust the depth (the floor of the lettering) and the height (top of the lettering) until you get the effect you want. Quicker and easier that what you are trying to do.
Clint

SteveNelson46
05-06-2018, 07:29 PM
Lori,

Is this kind of what what you are looking for? It's pretty rough and needs a lot of editing but you can use it to learn. Note the depth and the heights of the text objects in relation to each other and the carve region. The font that I used is included (Black Chancery)

SteveNelson46
05-08-2018, 10:45 AM
Lori,

I posted this a couple of days ago. I'm not sure if you have seen it so I "bumped" the post.