PDA

View Full Version : Issues using the UCB

cjones
05-03-2018, 12:10 PM
I am trying to run a carve on my UCB and am having a lot of issues. A couple I have resolved, I think, but now what is happening is as follows:

Try to measure the length of the board before choosing the carve I want to run. It measures the width with no issues then it goes to the length. Facing the control panel, I was having issues on the left side but after a good cleaning, it is now working. But on the right side, when the board comes out from under the compression roller, the UCB just stops moving and you can hear what sounds like something trying to move but it does not. I nudged it from the left side once and was able to get it to complete the measure and it said it was 36"+ when the actual board length is only 24". I tried again and the same thing, stops after I believe it comes off the right compression roller. I have replaced the tape on the bottom on the UCB just to be sure that was not the issue as well.

Any ideas as to what I may be doing wrong. I have 97 + hours on the machine and have done all of the maintenance but the X-Drive gear cleaning. Could this be the issue?

Any help appreciated,

Chris

bergerud
05-03-2018, 02:05 PM
Make sure that there is nothing hindering the movement of the carrier. Could the sliding plate be biding? Also check the outfeed rollers to make sure they are supporting the carrier but not lifting the carrier off of the belts.

Does your machine measure a regular board properly?

cjones
05-03-2018, 03:33 PM
I finally figured it out. It was the sliding plate binding because I did not have the UCB square. One end was 11.5" and the other was 11.375. I resolved that and now it is carving away no problem. I usually measure both ends before starting to carve but forgot to today. Carve and learn....

Thanks again,

Chris

bergerud
05-03-2018, 05:17 PM
I put the sliding plate inside the UCB, up against the side nearest the keypad. It then does not matter whether or not the carrier (or board) is square.

cjones
05-04-2018, 06:17 PM
I never thought of that. I will give it a try next time I go to use it.

Thanks again.

Chris