PDA

View Full Version : 2 sided carving

jiml
04-29-2018, 10:42 PM
I'm trying to do a 2 sided carve and the tips from MT just mention both patterns being the same and copy and paste. I need to do different patterns on each side 1 curved in and the other curved out with the thickness of the remainder about 3/16". I'm using .750 material 3x10" in a carrier. I can get both patterns on the project screen when it is flipped F&R but I can't get both to the cutting list. After the first side is done the machine says to flip the wood, so it's recognizing 2 sides but won't carve where it's supposed to, it carves almost off the carrier.

How do I post the pattern on this thread? Jim

bergerud
04-30-2018, 01:06 AM
You should post the pattern as well as a picture of the board in the carrier. Also a description of your keypad choices might help.

DickB
04-30-2018, 07:15 AM
How do I post the pattern on this thread? JimClick on Go Advanced, then click on Manage Attachments.

jiml
05-02-2018, 10:31 PM
Bergerud and DickB,

I hunted all over the site to find the "Go Advanced" field to click on and I was replying to Dick about where to find it and I found it there. I never would have thought to look in reply for that. I think I might have made some progress but now with the same carrier and the same project board size I've used 8 times before trying to get the pattern correct, it wants to start the carve off the board and into the carrier. So now I need to figure out that and do another sample carve. If that still doesn't work I'll post the pattern and a picture of the carrier. Thanks to Both of you. Jim

Mugsowner
05-02-2018, 11:03 PM
Try this, click Reply to Thread. In the lower right hand corner next to the Post Quick Reply tab you will see the Go Advanced tab.

bergerud
05-02-2018, 11:54 PM
My guess as to why the machine carves off of the board is that you answered YES to "Is the board in a Jig?" This invokes a special "flip-in-jig" procedure where you have to jog to the front corners of the board.

If you want to use this, see: https://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?25462-Two-Sided-Carves-New-quot-Flip-Within-Jig-quot-feature-of-2-005&p=227429#post227429

jiml
05-03-2018, 09:30 PM
bergerud,

I'm still using 1.187, does it matter if I hit stay under rollers or not? The carrier is 20" long and the project board is 10", the pattern is 8". It's worked well feeding wise for the 8 trials so far, but I think I selected stay under rollers this time not don't stay under rollers. Jim

bergerud
05-04-2018, 12:43 AM
It should not matter whether you choose to stay under the rollers or not since you have the extra length on the sled, that is, as long as you choose Place on Center.

If you choose Place on End (or Corner) it does make a difference. It will start at the end of the carrier (if no to stay under rollers) or it will start 3.5" from the end (if yes to stay under rollers).

jiml
05-04-2018, 03:40 PM
My project board is centered on the carrier lengthwise and widthwise and I always push to place on center. I'll try again, I have too many projects going on at one time, I need to park some of them and get this figured out. Thanks Jim