PDA

View Full Version : Jog to position

Dale
04-26-2018, 03:29 PM
When using "Jog to Position" I push the #3 to select Jog to Position and most of the time the arrows are active (which is what I want) but every once in awhile it will go into the co-ordinate mode. I make sure to only touch the number 3 once to select Jog to position so am not sure of why it is going into the co-ordinate mode. My question is why is it doing this and once it is in the co-ordinate mode is there a way of making the four arrows active. The only way I get out of it is to abort the project and start over. I've looked in the manual and it does not say anything about switching from one mode to the other.

bergerud
04-26-2018, 05:36 PM
I think what puts you into coordinate mode is pressing a number button. If I recall, pressing stop just once puts you back in arrow mode. (I would have to test to make sure.)

Dale
04-26-2018, 07:04 PM
You had me doubting myself so I just went out to check. The first message you get is "Press stop to Jog" When stop is pressed you get the message "Select (1) Abort (2) Retry (3) Jog" I tried the arrows at that point and they are not active. Pressing 3 puts you in the Jog mode. According to the manual once you are in the Jog mode the arrows are active until you press any number. Once a number is pressed you are now in the co-ordinate mode. In my case I only press the number 3 once to initially get into the Jog mode then either the arrows are active or it wants me to enter the X co-ordinates. If it wants the X co-ordinates I have tried hitting stop and that puts me back into the (1) Abort (2) Retry (3) Jog page again. If I press Retry or Jog it just puts me right back to the Enter X Position message and pressing Abort, aborts the whole project.
The only thing I can think of is when I press 3 to get into the Jog mode the machine is seeing it as pressing the number more than once. I have tried pressing and releasing the 3 as fast as possible and still occasionally get into the co-ordinate mode. My biggest concern is seeing if there is a way to change from co-ordinates to the arrows. It gets a little frustrating having to restart a project until I get the arrows to work.

fwharris
04-26-2018, 09:27 PM
I've been able to get out of the coordinate menu just by pressing the stop button one time and then used the arrow keys to jog.

bergerud
04-26-2018, 09:27 PM
You had me doubting myself! I just tried it and whether I was jogging to position or jogging to touch, it worked for me. From coordinates back to arrows with one press of stop. Maybe something is wrong with your touch pad buttons.

Dale
04-26-2018, 09:52 PM
I agree maybe it's the keypad, guess I will live with it until it completely goes out. Thanks for the help.

carrothers
08-22-2018, 09:50 AM
When I select "jog"...it gives me a choice to enter a number in the X axis...I haven't figured out am I entering a number in inches and how is it measuring...from where the bit is currently? say the bit is on the right end of the board and I want to jog to the center...what number do I put in to get back to the center? say with the Y axis?

want2b
08-22-2018, 07:15 PM
Don't think you are being asked for a numerical input. I believe you use the keypad to move the tip of the bit to where you want it. May be wrong based on where in the process you are being asked.
Rick H.

DickB
08-23-2018, 03:16 AM
You had me doubting myself so I just went out to check. The first message you get is "Press stop to Jog" When stop is pressed you get the message "Select (1) Abort (2) Retry (3) Jog" I tried the arrows at that point and they are not active. Pressing 3 puts you in the Jog mode. According to the manual once you are in the Jog mode the arrows are active until you press any number. Once a number is pressed you are now in the co-ordinate mode. In my case I only press the number 3 once to initially get into the Jog mode then either the arrows are active or it wants me to enter the X co-ordinates. If it wants the X co-ordinates I have tried hitting stop and that puts me back into the (1) Abort (2) Retry (3) Jog page again. If I press Retry or Jog it just puts me right back to the Enter X Position message and pressing Abort, aborts the whole project.
The only thing I can think of is when I press 3 to get into the Jog mode the machine is seeing it as pressing the number more than once. I have tried pressing and releasing the 3 as fast as possible and still occasionally get into the co-ordinate mode. My biggest concern is seeing if there is a way to change from co-ordinates to the arrows. It gets a little frustrating having to restart a project until I get the arrows to work.There is a user option to always Jog To Position - try setting that. I almost always use sleds and Jog To Position on the board, not the sled, so this option is enabled for me.