PDA

View Full Version : Uneven floor - why?

cestout
04-17-2018, 05:17 PM
85820The floor of this carving - about 12" x 36", but the ribs on the floor are not continued in the art work. I would think the Z encoder but the ribs don't continue in the leafs and branches of the design? Any ideas?
thanks
Clint

bergerud
04-17-2018, 08:52 PM
Assuming it is not in the mpc, my guess would be lumpy z truck rollers or something with the z belt.

Since it is only a problem at a certain depth, it must have to do with something restricting the z truck movement near that depth.

Digitalwoodshop
04-17-2018, 10:14 PM
Simple to troubleshoot.... Put the board back in but DO NOT crank down. Pull the Carving bit down near the board but not touching then slide the board through until the first bump using the bit as a PONTER. Bet it is a high IN feed table OR a Out feed table... The board is lifting up on the metal roller OR coming off of a metal roller... OR even out from under a Rubber Roller... That is all it can BE....

EDIT:.... OK I jumped to a conclusion... Then re read your post and the vines are NORMAL no bumps.... This might be time for a trick that ChrisAlb taught me... Do a view of your board on the screen looking down the surface from the edge.... Could be the Source Image has some lines or shadows in the base area... You might try a photo program and use a paint brush to mop a single color between the vines to make it all one color. In the Laser Engraving World lines like this are caused by changing the DPI of the image to something too BIG... Try something like a 400 dpi where a 1000 dpi would cause this.

Another way to troubleshoot this would be to use a wider board by 2 inches. Then along side the first art in the 2 inch area make a 3/4 inch carve region the LENGTH of the art along side of the art. So it carves at the same time as the vines.. Then if the bumps are in BOTH carve regions or Floor and carve region then it is Mechanical... If in only the Art then it IS the ART....

Just a WAG... Wild AL Guess...

AL

SteveNelson46
04-18-2018, 01:05 PM
I think Al may be on to something. The original pattern may not be completely flat in the areas where you think they should be. After placing the pattern on the board, pass the mouse over those areas and watch the bottom left corner Z axis mouse coordinates.

cestout
04-19-2018, 03:11 PM
After reading Al answer, I didn't try it in my other machine. That would prove hardware or pattern. But it is a 12" x 36" 7+ hour carve. I will try Steve's check. The magic wand and paint bucket will fix a pattern problem. I do that all the time when cleaning up a graphic a customer sends me. Thanks for the help. This was a test carve. making an Olive Branch headboard our new split king adjustable bed. Was sleeping in a recliner for my back. I will send picture. Got the vanity for my daughter installed - will post on FB.
Clint