PDA

View Full Version : FIRMWARE UPDATE version 3.104

mtylerfl
03-31-2018, 09:37 PM
FIRMWARE UPDATE
DOWNLOAD THE LATEST VERSION OF THE CARVEWRIGHT FIRMWARE

Introducing CarveWright Firmware, Release 3.104
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Some newer CarveWright Z trucks have shorter maximum travel distances. This is causing an error where the machine cannot find the sliding plate. This causes the message “Ensure sliding plate set” to appear on the machine when running a project.This updated firmware reduces the amount of Z truck travel required to determine the thickness of a board. The firmware is backwards compatible with Designer Basic, version 1.187, and can be used with it and higher software versions.

You can download CarveWright Firmware version 3.104 from here:

http://www.carvewright.com/firmware-update/

rnichols
04-01-2018, 02:43 PM
Anyone besides me having problems with this update? It will not upgrade my laptop. I'm using the steps on the download page. The laptop is the computer that will read the card, so I must design on my desktop then transfer to my laptop to upload. This is because desktop computer will not recognize the card so there is no way it will upgrade in this manner.

bergerud
04-01-2018, 03:08 PM
The firmware loaded fine for me.

DianMayfield
04-01-2018, 04:29 PM
Bob,

It will only update the firmware on the card, and not the program itself. Are you getting any error messages? My prompt for "do I want to update" ended up behind the Designer window.

rnichols
04-02-2018, 11:49 AM
When the option comes up to save it say cannot save wrong version or something. When I get the chance later I will try it again to a more accurate description of the error.
Thanks

rnichols
04-02-2018, 08:26 PM
What I ended up doing was to plug in my flash card and with out opening the software, I double click on the downloaded file the first thing it asked is " would to like to make this your default firmware" . This time I selected no thanks and it ran ok. I than open the software and check the version number on the card and it was correct. So my problem all a long is that I selected to make it my default firmware.
Thanks for all of your help. It was "user error" that was the issue. :(

DianMayfield
04-02-2018, 08:54 PM
Glad it was a simple fix! The instructions were not the clearest :)

cjudas
04-18-2018, 11:45 AM
Is this upgrade/fix needed for ALL or just the newer machines? I am running Design 2.

Thanks

fwharris
04-18-2018, 12:04 PM
Is this upgrade/fix needed for ALL or just the newer machines? I am running Design 2.

Thanks

I think it is for all.

SteveNelson46
04-18-2018, 12:56 PM

Thanks

So far, I have never seen a firmware update that is only for specific machines or Designer versions. They are always backwards compatible for all.