PDA

View Full Version : Copy Offset locks up

BBrooks
03-17-2018, 03:01 PM
Greetings fellow Carvers,

It's been a while since I've been on and carving but here I be. I just got the 2D Tools Suite addon today since I have a couple of projects that it would come in handy.
This is a "step and repeat" feature that lives in many of the applications I use every day in the printing industry.
There's the rub, it doesn't work. I get the swirling rainbow circle of no response instead of the context menu for copy offset.

I am running Pro 2 and 3 on an iMac with 1.4GHz Intel core i5 and 8 gb RAM and High Sierra OS. I also tried it on my Parallels Desktop virtualized PC on this same Mac to no avail.
Yes, licenses are up to date as well as all software updates as well as warm and cold reboots and swearing in at least three languages. No, I don't fully speak three languages but fully curse in them at printing machines and software.

Thanks for any assistance,

Bill

fwharris
03-17-2018, 03:53 PM
Bill,

Try increasing your cache ram setting. It is found under file/preferences.. I run mine at 850mb

BBrooks
03-17-2018, 04:06 PM
Bill,

Try increasing your cache ram setting. It is found under file/preferences.. I run mine at 850mb

Will do and let you know Floyd, thanks! BTW both dust hoods still sucking! :)

BBrooks
03-17-2018, 04:29 PM
Will do and let you know Floyd, thanks! BTW both dust hoods still sucking! :)

"Try increasing your cache ram setting"

Dug around like mad. I am on an iMac. Is this under system preferences? In the preferences in Designer 3 I went to reset tool preference to 850 mb but still same lockup.

fwharris
03-17-2018, 06:31 PM
Yes that is in Designer for viewing/changing the preferences. My bad it is under edit and not file. If that did not help by any chance is the path your are trying to offset one that has a lot of tight/narrow areas?

BBrooks
03-18-2018, 12:24 PM
Originally I was trying it with 3 circles but have tried it with just one and then a small pattern and still get the spinning rainbow and then no response from Designer and have to force quit.
Anyone else having the same problem or have another possible fix?
Thanks!

BBrooks
03-26-2018, 03:19 PM
Fixed-ish.

I talked with Chris in software support today and it did indeed lockup on him in Pro3 and version 2 on the Mac so he will submit the problem to the developers.
I do have Parallels Desktop on my iMac and have my Windows XP PC virtualized and the copy offset feature works like a champ.
So it's an Apple IOS thing. Crapple. :)
Thanks Chris, LHR and all.

blhutchens
04-01-2018, 04:35 PM
I had this issue when i first updated to my Mac OS. The answer I got was.... I shouldn't have updated. Its a known problem and they don't seem to be willing to fix it for Mac users.