PDA

View Full Version : New parts

edsingletary
02-17-2018, 01:35 PM
So I did it. I replaced the bearings, all 8 with new covers. Replaced the y and z belts. Replaced cut motor brushes. Took me about 5 hours, going step by step through the manual.

Ran All tests and it all checked out fine. Just loaded a board for a 4 hour carve, this is the true test.

I found after doing all I did that the chatter I got when homing to check bit is gone. No y stall message yet.

Sounds like a kitten purring.

I was very nervous at the start, looked overwhelming at the start. Each piece according to plans and it's like a piece of cake.

Now, I see that there is really not a lot to the machine, being careful of cables and connectors. Lubricating everything was good and of course cleaning it up inside also was good.

Now I Am Somebody. Haaaaahaaaa

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

oscarl48
02-17-2018, 03:06 PM
Big congrats! That is a very cool milestone. I haven't gotten there yet. I just went passed the 200hrs on my machine. I will also be a little nervous when I get there. My machine has been working well and don't really want to monkey/ape it up.

edsingletary
02-17-2018, 03:08 PM
Big congrats! That is a very cool milestone. I haven't gotten there yet. I just went passed the 200hrs on my machine. I will also be a little nervous when I get there. My machine has been working well and don't really want to monkey/ape it up.Right...If it ain't broke, you know.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

fwharris
02-17-2018, 04:11 PM
Great job! With just a little bit of patience and following the instructions the machine is very easy to work with. Even a non rocket science guy can work on it! ;)

Mike1
02-17-2018, 10:58 PM
Good job, glad it all worked out for you. I am getting the chatter as well during homing and getting louder, not sure what it is. It carves fine but I want to repair now before it breaks. Do you know what caused the chatter? Thank you.

Mugsowner
02-18-2018, 07:53 AM
My background makes these machines fairly easy for me to tear down and repair. Over the years I have learned that the hardest thing to do is the diving in part. Unsure of what you can do, but with this forum to fall back on, diving in is not that big of hurdle. I got an old A up and running when I first got it, and did not know of this forum. If you take your time and look at how everything moves together, you can do the repairs, but if you have problems this is the place to be. With knowledge of folks like Al, Dan, Floyd, members of Carvewright staff, and others the information is vast you can receive and all it costs is a time in asking, not to bad a trade.

Digitalwoodshop
02-19-2018, 10:19 AM
I get that chattering too upon homing... I believe it is just the Servos doing a little osculation and nothing to be concerned about. As the servos get warmer it will oscillate less.

Did you also change the Y Gearbox Bearings?

AL