PDA

View Full Version : Broad Sensor problems

denzim
02-12-2018, 02:27 PM
I keep getting clean broad sensor error. I cleaned the sensor same error.

Did sensor test 10" wide broad readings are across broad 155 to 134 as I go off broad reading is 0.

tried it with a 4" broad that I use most of the time and I get the same error

Can someone help me with this before I call support.

I have a B model machine that has been updated with a Carve Tight Spindle.

fwharris
02-12-2018, 03:27 PM
What are the readings on the 4" board when you get the error? When was the last time you replaced the FFC cable?

lynnfrwd
02-12-2018, 03:40 PM
Head pressure and color of the board?

denzim
02-12-2018, 03:50 PM
It was never replaced the machine has less than 60hrs on the cut motor. I got it used with only 55 hrs. on it. I had to change the chuck as it came apart on my 2nd carve. I just have been doing small carves 3.5 by 12" saying plaques. I live in and old farm house and our front door has been replaced and I want to carve a saying on the broad above the door

denzim
02-12-2018, 03:54 PM
The head pressure is ok and the 10" broad is poplar - 4" is pine

fwharris
02-12-2018, 04:13 PM
Inspect the FFC cable for any cracks or breaks where it comes off of the black support bracket in the back of the machine.

Digitalwoodshop
02-12-2018, 06:23 PM
What is the reading with a piece of white copy paper on the board? Should be about 156.

Do you have any bright LED Lights shining on the machine. My Wireless Video Camera floods the area with light from the 6 LED's and causes problems.

Scooby
02-12-2018, 07:09 PM
remove the sensor and clean the inside of the lens. You will need to take it apart to get to the dust inside the housing.

denzim
02-13-2018, 10:13 AM
remove the sensor and clean the inside of the lens. You will need to take it apart to get to the dust inside the housing.

How do I remove the sensor?

Mugsowner
02-13-2018, 05:34 PM
To remove the board senor, raise the head to full height. From the left of the keypad side, look under the head at the Y truck. You should see the senor being held in by two phillips head screws. A stubby screwdriver is needed to remove the screws. Ocne lowered a bit you should be able to undo the wire harness. You now should have a board senor in your hand.

Scooby
02-13-2018, 05:47 PM
There are a couple of YouTube videos, search Carvewright sensor for the how-to.

denzim
02-14-2018, 06:40 AM
Thanks for all the help I have ordered sensor and cables plus brgs.

Digitalwoodshop
02-14-2018, 07:44 PM
Just to give you a heads up....

1. Be careful and not pull too hard on the cable when you remove the board sensor as it can cause the cable to slide along the slot and pinch the wires shorting out the voltage.

2. Be careful as the components on the board senor are surface mount components and soldered in place. The parts in the area of the plug have been known to be scrapped off in the act of pushing on the plug. The components have a silk screened box around the parts so it is easy to know if one is missing.

3. When you crank up the head all the way, you can get it past the threads. When you go to crank down it just clicks... Inside the machine are 2 jacking bolts that raise and lower the head. The one by the bit flag has a hole in it for a small allen wrench. This lets you turn the jacking screw in the direction of the Arrow printed on the X Gear Box area to prime the threads to crank it down.

Good Luck,

AL

chuckles2153
02-25-2018, 04:39 PM
Hey denzim,
I really wish I could help you being I'm having the same error message but with my machine I just recently got it back from carvewright after having it repaired and upgraded at a cost almost equal to a new machine and I haven't even gotten to use it not once yet!! I'm calling them tomorrow (Monday 2/26) and when I find out what's wrong I'll reply to this thread and let you know what they say.