PDA

View Full Version : Loriblackdog cont'd words for decor

Loriblackdog
02-06-2018, 05:13 AM
Here is the other attachment that I started in carvewright, not sure what I do next to achive the word like it is piecred, but still attached at the bottom. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could show me how I go about getting this product85529. Thanks so much I know I always get the help I need here. Have a great week.

Loriblackdog

DianMayfield
02-06-2018, 09:41 AM
Lori,

I outlined the font and base, then deleted the text.

SteveNelson46
02-06-2018, 12:00 PM
Lori,

This is an intermediate to advanced user project. You may have to practice a few times to get the results you want.

When I make this kind of name signs I usually make them pierced. Otherwise, the 1/8" bit has difficulty getting into the small spaces for the cutouts.

Here are the steps I used.

1. Place and size the text. I used the font “Times New Roman” to match your example but, I have found that "Snap ITC" usually works best. Set it to “Raster”, bit optimization to best, and remove the feather.
2. Draw a rectangle below the text. Size it about 1" wider than the width of the text and about 1" high. Move it to overlap the text at the bottom about 3/8" and make it a carve region with a depth of 1/16"
3. Center both horizontally.
4. Select both text and rectangle and use the “Outline Patterns” tool.
5. Delete all paths except the outside perimeter
6. With the outside perimeter path selected, use the “Path Offset” tool to offset the path to the outside .2".
7. Select the offset and make it a pierced carve region.
8. Draw lines for the manual tabs and make the style flat, width 3/16", height 3/16" and the depth .75".

There are many ways to enhance this carving. Some of them are:
Puff the text and the rectangle
Round the top corners on the rectangle
Make the text and the rectangle a pattern. Then use the pattern and push it deeper into the board to get a thinner finished carving.
You could also just start with a thinner board.

I also try to use a wide board and rotate it to carve the sign across the grain. This helps to avoid the thin parts of the letters from breaking off.

Loriblackdog
02-06-2018, 12:47 PM
Hi Steve,

Thanks for the input, I have a couple of questions how to I puff the text? when you say may the text and the rectangle a pattern, I know I have done that before, just don't remember how. I am not sure on drawing manual tabs flat style? I appreciate your help, and understand if you are busy, I really don't want to be a bother, but I am trying to learn. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Lori

SteveNelson46
02-06-2018, 01:00 PM
Lori,

Puffing is part of the 3D add-on package.
To make a pattern, select the text and the rectangle carve region and group them. Then, in the carving list, right click on the group and select "Make Pattern".

Loriblackdog
02-07-2018, 03:04 AM
Hi Steve

Thank you. I don't have the 3D add on. I have now marked down to make pattern put rectangle around what I want to be in pattern, group then go to carving list and "Make Pattern. The only other question was drawing manual tabs "flat style" is there any tips & tricks that tell about this. Again you are so nice to help me out. THANK YOU!!!!.

Lori

CheriWhite
04-23-2018, 07:26 PM

This is my end goal. Cursive words cut out of 1/2" mdf or another type of wood (but that's not the issue at this point). Nothing special. I have watched countless videos which have been fabulous...but dated. Although the info is still pretty accurate...the latest and greatest version might have other options. I would PAY ANYONE who would please give me a step by step on how to achieve this. I wrote everything down I could think of....tried it a few times....started from scratch just to see if I could do it again but nope...I HAVE to be missing a step. There's only like 10 steps! This should be super easy! My order is out of sync. I understand the 7" rule. I leave and inch at the top and bottom just to please the cutter gods. I could give you my steps but you pros out there may cringe! I'd gladly reciprocate with anything vinyl design....anything photoshop. I'm obviously overthinking this program!!! LOL Thanks in advance!!!

fwharris
04-23-2018, 08:51 PM

This is my end goal. Cursive words cut out of 1/2" mdf or another type of wood (but that's not the issue at this point). Nothing special. I have watched countless videos which have been fabulous...but dated. Although the info is still pretty accurate...the latest and greatest version might have other options. I would PAY ANYONE who would please give me a step by step on how to achieve this. I wrote everything down I could think of....tried it a few times....started from scratch just to see if I could do it again but nope...I HAVE to be missing a step. There's only like 10 steps! This should be super easy! My order is out of sync. I understand the 7" rule. I leave and inch at the top and bottom just to please the cutter gods. I could give you my steps but you pros out there may cringe! I'd gladly reciprocate with anything vinyl design....anything photoshop. I'm obviously overthinking this program!!! LOL Thanks in advance!!!

Place and size your selected test font style on the board as a raster carve.
With the text selected use the outline tool to make an outline around the text.
Delete the font/text leaving only the outline.
With outline selected use the cut path tool for setting the cut path parameters.
You will probably need to use the "flip cut" (located at bottom left on the cut path box) to move the bit path to the outside of the lines.
Do any inside paths of the letters separate from the outside path.

oscarl48
04-23-2018, 09:54 PM
Lori,

This may or may not help. Ask Bud made some wonderful video tutorials on using designer. If you haven't seen this one its on cutting out texts. He explains a lot of the steps in detail.

The process is easy and also not easy depending on the font and application.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIjhVH4KLyY

Regards,
Oscar

CheriWhite
04-24-2018, 02:36 PM
Those are my steps....but it won't give me "cut path" for the inside pieces (inside the "a" and such).

fwharris
04-24-2018, 02:45 PM
Those are my steps....but it won't give me "cut path" for the inside pieces (inside the "a" and such).
That will happen sometimes do to tight corners or small areas. You can draw them out manually and that usually works. Also some times if you make the text larger it will make a closed path and then you can resize it down to what you want.

DickB
04-24-2018, 07:14 PM
Those are my steps....but it won't give me "cut path" for the inside pieces (inside the "a" and such).That can happen - I consider it a defect in Outline Pattern. Sometimes changing the size helps.

On the other hand, I just did this one using Inkscape and DXF Importer in about 5 minutes from the attached graphic:

85842 85843

mpc is Designer 1.

CheriWhite
04-24-2018, 07:20 PM
Fast!!! So with that attached file...if I'm reading it correctly....we still need to highlight the whole project...click "cut path"....flip appropriate pieces. It should be good to cut with my depth and bit settings applied of course. Right? I know this is lame....but why does your file have lots of purple dots. None of mine ever have purple. Those are.....???????

CheriWhite
04-24-2018, 07:21 PM
DXF Importer is going to be key in my ability to quickly do what I need to do?? Yes?? No time efficient work around?

CheriWhite
04-24-2018, 07:54 PM
I watched the videos on the DXF program tutorial...looks awesome!!!!

Mugsowner
04-24-2018, 08:20 PM
I just tried the pattern out in designer and it is a couple set process, but looks nice. Select all from edit drop down menu, select cut path(Make your bit and cutting depth), deselect all , select outer outline, select cut path, select flip cut, set inset to -.062 and it should cut out nicely. To cut I would tape to a sled and select no tabs, counting on the tape to keep everything in place. A good two sided tape should work fine.

CheriWhite
04-24-2018, 09:43 PM
I really want to try that super awesome carrier I've been seeing...that would save a TON of material! I have a sled that is in the manual but I'm not thinking it's best for a "cut" process...I'll trash that thing out in no time! Thanks everyone for the help. I'm just here practicing so if you think of anything that would help me learn...send it my way!

fwharris
04-24-2018, 10:09 PM
I really want to try that super awesome carrier I've been seeing...that would save a TON of material! I have a sled that is in the manual but I'm not thinking it's best for a "cut" process...I'll trash that thing out in no time! Thanks everyone for the help. I'm just here practicing so if you think of anything that would help me learn...send it my way!
Use an orbital sander to knock down the rough edges on your sled bottom. It will last long than you think.

To help you more make sure you spend some time reading the learning guide and the tips and tricks. Lots of great information for beginners.

DickB
04-25-2018, 07:40 AM
Fast!!! So with that attached file...if I'm reading it correctly....we still need to highlight the whole project...click "cut path"....flip appropriate pieces. It should be good to cut with my depth and bit settings applied of course. Right? I know this is lame....but why does your file have lots of purple dots. None of mine ever have purple. Those are.....???????The purple dots are endpoints of the vectors. You get something similar if you draw with the spline tool. If you use Outline Pattern it is not the same as vectors so no dots. BTW you can move the purple dots to edit your cutout if you wish. Also use View - Toggle Control Points to display blue dots that will allow editing the individual splines.

DickB
04-25-2018, 07:41 AM
I just tried the pattern out in designer and it is a couple set process, but looks nice. Select all from edit drop down menu, select cut path(Make your bit and cutting depth), deselect all , select outer outline, select cut path, select flip cut, set inset to -.062 and it should cut out nicely. To cut I would tape to a sled and select no tabs, counting on the tape to keep everything in place. A good two sided tape should work fine.Why are you setting an inset?

CheriWhite
04-25-2018, 01:05 PM
Think playing with the blue and purple dots will allow me to alter parts of a skinny font???

DickB
04-25-2018, 01:27 PM
Think playing with the blue and purple dots will allow me to alter parts of a skinny font???Yes, it will.

Mugsowner
04-25-2018, 07:48 PM
Why are you setting an inset?

After I flipped the cut path, I gave the cut a negative inset to get the cut on the outer most edge of the pattern.

DickB
04-26-2018, 06:53 AM
After I flipped the cut path, I gave the cut a negative inset to get the cut on the outer most edge of the pattern.That's what the flip cut path does - puts the bit at the outer edge. Additional inset should not be necessary.

Mugsowner
04-26-2018, 05:14 PM
Take the pattern and do what I stated with it and see how it looks than decide. I did it to see what it looked like and liked it.

CheriWhite
04-27-2018, 03:56 PM
Sorry for all the newbie questions. I'm trying to learn the designer program and understand it's tricks. The blue and purple dots....I'm loving that I can tweak fonts. HOWEVER, do I get blue and purple dots while working with the designer program fonts or are they part of a file that is brought over from the ....(forgot the name)....DXF Importer program??? Wondering if I need that other program if designer will do what I need.

CheriWhite
04-27-2018, 04:04 PM
I deleted the file so I can't attach it. I was cutting a name. I used one of the fonts in designer. Got it to do all the things I needed. It was all outlined in black (like where it would cut). I flipped the board just to make sure the cut went through the board. HOWEVER, 40 minutes later...the cut ended...the only thing that cut was the capital R - including the center of the R - and then only the centers of the "e", "g" and "o". It was a 3' x 12" name. I'm sorry I can't attach the file...but with the whole thing outlined in black...how was I to know that it would only cut the centers out? Is there a place that shows me if I've not captured the whole image to be cut? Does that make sense? Thanks in advance!

DickB
04-27-2018, 04:14 PM
Sorry for all the newbie questions. I'm trying to learn the designer program and understand it's tricks. The blue and purple dots....I'm loving that I can tweak fonts. HOWEVER, do I get blue and purple dots while working with the designer program fonts or are they part of a file that is brought over from the ....(forgot the name)....DXF Importer program??? Wondering if I need that other program if designer will do what I need.The blue and purple dots are control points for vectors. They can be manipulated when you create vectors with Designer tools such as spline, line, and connected line, or imported using DXF importer. I used Inkscape to create vectors from the "hello" text, then imported the vectors using the DXF Importer. In Designer, when you use the Text tool you can use the Outline tool to create cut paths, but these are not vectors and you cannot manipulate them like vectors. To tweak fonts as you put it, you would need to create the vectors with Inkscape and use the DXF Importer as I did.

CheriWhite
04-27-2018, 05:41 PM
1. In Inkscape can you not just type the text, tweak it (adjust the nodes) and save? I'm not sure I've ever "created vectors"...not knowingly at least.
2. In Inkscape - What format do you save the file as so that the importer can read it?

3. If a font from designer is used....it's not a vector and we've decided that vectors cut smoother and faster...correct? Are we on the same page?

CheriWhite
04-27-2018, 06:46 PM
This is a font....in Designer. The "bumpy" cut is how the end result will be....am I correct?

The only way to get a smooth cut is using a separate program and importing using DXF...am I correct?

I'm trying to justify getting that add-on. If that's the only way to get a smoother cut then it's worth it. Hours of finish sanding is just a waste of time.

CheriWhite
04-27-2018, 06:58 PM

Dick B - question. Playing with your file you sent over (thank you by the way!). You used Inkscape and DXF - this is what I would be doing as well. HOWEVER, when zooming in (if it's accurate to the actual cut)....it's a "bumpy" cut too. Is this just the way the program shows it or is it really going to be all choppy like that? Trying to justify the add-on purchase. If it doesn't help with a smoother cut then I'm in the same boat without it.

Is it your belief that this way produces a smoother cut than just using Designer alone?

DickB
04-28-2018, 07:17 AM
In my experience you can get a smooth cut placing text with Designer and using the Outline Pattern tool. I suggest that you give it a try to see for yourself.

I suspect the reason that you were having issues is that you were importing bitmaps of insufficient resolution. I did not mean to imply that the only way to get satisfactory cuts is to import DXF vectors. I suggested that because you were using Inkscape already to create and tweak text. You will get a better result importing a vector than importing a bitmap.

I suggest that you try a test using Designer text and the Outline Pattern tool to see the result for yourself.

DianMayfield
04-29-2018, 10:35 AM
Cheri,

I haven't used the full Photoshop for years, but I believe that you can export paths to AI. Inkscape will import AI paths, then you can export to dxf. You may get what appears to be a "blank" page, but that's because the outline is "clear", for lack of a better term.

I know it adds a step, but if you can make Photoshop dance, then play to your strengths. In the long run you end up saving time.

With the size of your words, I would put the little sanding drums on a dremel and buzz the perimeters. I haven't done anything of that size, but it should cut the time considerably.

I even bought the dremel drill press, so I could put the pieces on the platform and run it around. Your size may not work, you might run into the stand.

In response to your question about the display representing how it carves, my experience is that it is real close to what you see on screen.

DianMayfield
04-29-2018, 11:10 AM
Cheri, the DXF importer is available as a "trial". you can't carve/cut anything, but you can see the difference using it will make in your cutouts.

CheriWhite
04-30-2018, 12:59 PM
I've been playing with different techniques to try for a smoother cut. It's just soooooo choppy! I even broke my poor bit. **sad day** I was going to try my larger bit....maybe it will take that "strain" sound off the motor. It's ok that it's not crisp corners since it's cursive so "roundish" is ok. I'll play with the Photoshop....and converting to AI. I don't mind extra steps at all if the end result is what I need.

I need to post a pic of 20 mins of sanding on 1 letter....ONE....UNO...!!! LOL

Do YOU cut words? I was actually looking on Etsy to see if maybe I should buy them...HOLY COW - NO! I'm not a quitter...but I think this machine is definitely directed towards the "carve" world and not "cut". I wonder if carvewright is designing a cutwright......now THAT would be a whole new market!

CheriWhite
04-30-2018, 01:41 PM
This is text in Designer using the Outline tool. Not pretty.

This is a screenshot from Inkscape. It is vectorized. It shows the dpi on the far right at 600+. I'm told to save the file as a .png.

Opened the vectorized file from Inkscape in Designer.

:confused: :( :confused:

DickB
04-30-2018, 03:31 PM
...but I think this machine is definitely directed towards the "carve" world and not "cut". I don't agree with you. I use my machine extensively to cut while making my clocks. I do not get choppy cuts. These pinions are about 2" in diameter and were cut in 1/2" oak using the 1/8" cutting bit and max pass 0.25". The cuts are smooth and precise. Aside from removing the tabs, I do very little sanding on these pinions. You've got something going on that is not right.

DickB
04-30-2018, 03:33 PM
I'm told to save the file as a .png. png is not a vector format. Save it as dxf.

DickB
04-30-2018, 03:38 PM
BTW if I zoom in on this in Designer it does appear "choppy" but it does not cut that way.

CheriWhite
04-30-2018, 05:08 PM
Agreed! This machine should ABSOLUTELY do what I want. Those are much smaller than my fonts!
So if I'm reading this right...you make 2 passes as opposed to one solid pass.

CheriWhite
04-30-2018, 05:21 PM
Wow! Yes...I would say that would be a hot mess! But it's not!
Agreed...I have something not right. It's a fairly new machine with very minimal hours and all new bits.

It's me for sure.....not sure why though. I'm software - not hardware - I admit.

I did save my file as a .dxf file in Inkscape but here's what I ran in to...

I think I can't open .dxf files because I don't have the Importer add on....???

CheriWhite
04-30-2018, 05:23 PM
ooops I replied on the wrong thread.... I did save it as a .dxf...I couldn't open it in Designer.

fwharris
04-30-2018, 05:56 PM
You need to use the "import dxf" feature to bring a dxf into designer. The do not open directly.

SteveNelson46
04-30-2018, 06:13 PM
Cheri,

If you can, post your .dxf file or send me a PM with your email address and I will import it for you.

BTW, where in Arizona are you located? I'm in Tucson.

CheriWhite
04-30-2018, 06:57 PM
You need to use the "import dxf" feature to bring a dxf into designer. The do not open directly.

I can bring it over in "demo" mode....but at least I can try my hand at a new program.

CheriWhite
04-30-2018, 07:01 PM
Steve

85874 I don't think this worked...lol It says I can't attach a .dxf file.

I'm not sure how to PM you from here...but email is jrandcheri@gmail.com

I'm located in Queen Creek/San Tan Valley.

SteveNelson46
04-30-2018, 08:48 PM
Here you go.

CheriWhite
04-30-2018, 09:03 PM
Here you go.

Thanks!!! However I got this error. I checked to make sure I'm up to date and it says I have the latest version.

SteveNelson46
04-30-2018, 09:07 PM
I didn't know that you were only using version 1.8xx. I currently don't have any other version installed. Only 3.103. Maybe someone else here on the forum can import into version 1

CheriWhite
04-30-2018, 09:16 PM
Wow! Version 3.103. Ya I'm a bit behind!!! Maybe that's where my problems are coming in...there's probably a ton of upgrades I don't have. Thanks for trying though....I really appreciate all your help! I subscribe to your You Tube page as well...your videos are VERY helpful!

Maybe I can find someone to hire to just cut my words!!! That would help everyone involved! LOL

DickB
05-01-2018, 06:48 AM
Post a photo of your cut out of the machine, and post an mpc as well.

SteveNelson46
05-01-2018, 09:27 AM
Wow! Version 3.103. Ya I'm a bit behind!!! Maybe that's where my problems are coming in...there's probably a ton of upgrades I don't have. Thanks for trying though....I really appreciate all your help! I subscribe to your You Tube page as well...your videos are VERY helpful!

Maybe I can find someone to hire to just cut my words!!! That would help everyone involved! LOL

Carvewright is having a sale on Designer 3. I think it's 20% off and 10% on all add-ons.

SteveNelson46
05-01-2018, 09:48 AM
Here it is in version 1.188.

CheriWhite
05-01-2018, 11:55 AM
I don't understand the question....LOL
Post a photo of my cutout?

I would need all kinds of words. The word would depend on the season. Gather. Thankful. Love. Freedom. Joy. Stuff like that.

CheriWhite
05-01-2018, 12:04 PM
Awesome!!! It has a ton of purple dots which means I can tweak the areas of the font that is too thin for comfort!!!!! Thank you SO much!

What programs did you use to make this happen? I see it's in a lesser version of Designer than yours.....but what else?

SteveNelson46
05-01-2018, 12:07 PM
Awesome!!! It has a ton of purple dots which means I can tweak the areas of the font that is too thin for comfort!!!!! Thank you SO much!

What programs did you use to make this happen? I see it's in a lesser version of Designer than yours.....but what else?

Designer and the DXF importer only. Font choice is critical for this type of signs. Sometimes a base is needed to hold everything together.

CheriWhite
05-01-2018, 12:08 PM
I like sales!!!! LOL

DickB
05-01-2018, 12:16 PM
I ran just the "R" on my machine, 1/2" oak, 1/8" cutting bit, 0.25" max pass. You can see some "fuzzies" on the end grain, which is typical, but other than that the cut is smooth. Shouldn't take more than a couple minutes sanding. (If you have a scroll saw, check out Olson Scroll Saw Sanding Belts - they work well for this type of piece. If you don't have a scroll saw but plan on doing a lot of these cutouts, maybe look for a used one - that's what I did.) You should be getting similar results. Please post a photo from your machine.

There are different opinions on whether or not to limit the max pass depth with the cutting bits. Try it either way to see if you get different results.

DickB
05-01-2018, 12:21 PM
I don't understand the question....LOL
Post a photo of my cutout?

I would need all kinds of words. The word would depend on the season. Gather. Thankful. Love. Freedom. Joy. Stuff like that.Cut out Steve's "Remington", or just the R to save time. Then post a photo of the result so that we can compare to my result. We're trying to determine where your problem is - Designer, font, bit, machine, wood. Based on my result, with Steve's vector file I don't think that Designer is your issue.

In Designer, click on Flash manager - Firmware (with a card in the reader) and tell us what firmware version you are running.

CheriWhite
05-01-2018, 08:52 PM
Partial reply...while I play with the other 2 experimental cuts.

I put the card in and it says 1.188

CheriWhite
05-01-2018, 09:07 PM
Just to clarify. There are NO PURPLE dots (or tweaking of fonts) in Designer ALONE. Dots are part of the Importer file?

OR

How do I get the purple dots so that I can tweak a font. I know we're working on the smoothness issue but if I can cut what I'll actually need cut it would be awesome! LOL

Do you work in Inkscape at all? You know how you can drag a line between 2 nodes and it still curve? That's what I was trying to do between purple dots...but that wasn't working.

Still working on cutting so that I can post a pic.

SteveNelson46
05-02-2018, 10:23 AM
Just to clarify. There are NO PURPLE dots (or tweaking of fonts) in Designer ALONE. Dots are part of the Importer file?

OR

How do I get the purple dots so that I can tweak a font. I know we're working on the smoothness issue but if I can cut what I'll actually need cut it would be awesome! LOL

Do you work in Inkscape at all? You know how you can drag a line between 2 nodes and it still curve? That's what I was trying to do between purple dots...but that wasn't working.

Still working on cutting so that I can post a pic.

Cheri,

The DXF importer imports the vectors as either a line that is called a "segment" in the Designer, or as a bezier curve that is called a "spline".

The red and purple dots are called vertices (vertex singular). If it is a purple vertex then it is on a vector that is a "spline". You can right click on it and convert it to a "free" vertex or, if it's red, convert it to a "tangent" vertex. The free or red vertices are fixed intersections and make a sharp angle. The tangent or purple vertices allow for a smooth transition between the two intersecting lines. They can be adjusted using the blue control points.

The Designer does not create a true vector when using the outline patterns tool. That is why there are no "purple dots". If you use the line drawing tools to trace over the outlined pattern or font you can then add, move, remove, or convert the vertices as you wish.

CheriWhite
05-02-2018, 04:36 PM
Steve! Can I first tell you how much I LOVE your lessons! So detailed and understandable! You teach how I learn for sure.

I'm going to play with these instructions and learn this program!

Thanks so much!

CheriWhite
05-02-2018, 07:00 PM
Okee dokee...here are the results from our experiment. Thanks in advance for helping me find the solution to my smooth cut issues.

This is the cut using the file that SteveNelson46 sent me using DXF and Designer. It pretty much ate up the wood because I uploaded it once - then noticed it needed to be sized larger...I forgot to save it and it cut at the original size.....that's on me...sorry....HOWEVER, the cut is SMOOOOOOTH! Yes!!! I can live with that!

This is the cut using just Designer like DickB suggested. My original cut...the one I sanded on for like 20 minutes...is the far left and the new unsanded cut on the right is from today. My cut was done in Inkscape and imported (not DXF) just a plain vectorized import and the one on the right was done in Designer just using Outline and cutting. You can see from the pattern of the "choppiness" that the process gave the same results.

I don't know how to attach the files here....if you need to see them....teach me that too! LOL

Have we come to the conclusion that doing the work in DXF and then importing to Designer for strictly cutting purposes is the way to go??

Thanks again for all your expertise!!!!

CheriWhite
05-02-2018, 07:07 PM
LOOK!!!!!! I just found this. Do I want to flash??? Does that give me the 3.103???

DickB
05-03-2018, 07:01 AM
I don't know how to attach the files here....if you need to see them....teach me that too! LOL Click on Reply, then click on Go Advanced in the lower right corner, then click on Manage Attachments.

CheriWhite
05-03-2018, 12:08 PM
I did and it only gave me 2 jpg files to choose from.

CheriWhite
05-03-2018, 12:10 PM
Wait. Did this work?? LOL

CheriWhite
05-03-2018, 12:11 PM
Wait. Did this work?? LOL

IT DID! Thanks Dick!!!!

DianMayfield
05-05-2018, 06:33 AM
Cheri,

To send a PM, click on the persons name
To check for replies, look at the notifications link at the top.

They recommend not putting your email in a post. You may get a bunch of spam :)

CheriWhite
05-05-2018, 11:53 AM
Oh good info! Thanks!!!!

DianMayfield
05-05-2018, 02:52 PM
Cheri,

You may already be following this process, but I did it as an exercise to see how something I do in Corel translates to Inkscape.

https://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?30029-Using-Inkscape-for-DXF&p=269508#post269508

CheriWhite
05-05-2018, 06:14 PM
I'm not following any process yet. LOL

....and it was perfect!!!! Thanks!!