PDA

View Full Version : importing a 3D image into Sculptor at other than 90 degree increments.

dltccf
01-27-2018, 08:14 PM
I'm trying to import a 3D model into sculptor but I seem to be only able to turn the model at 90 degree increments. I can rotate the model all around of course, but when I hit accept it imports in only one of the 4 90 degree faces. How do I get it to import at the orientation I want?

Thanks,
dave

DickB
01-27-2018, 10:06 PM
Don't think you can.

DianMayfield
01-28-2018, 08:16 AM
I don't think you can either. If you have win 10, there is 3d Builder, it will allow you to rotate it, and "save as" a STL.

dltccf
01-28-2018, 12:27 PM
I don't think you can either. If you have win 10, there is 3d Builder, it will allow you to rotate it, and "save as" a STL.

Thank you. That worked. I had tried 3d Builder, but had only been able to rotate the view of the object. Your tip was exactly what I needed.

dave

oscarl48
01-28-2018, 12:29 PM
The STL importer add-on is the software that will allow you to rotate and also slice the model for import into designer. As, DianMayfield stated, there are several 3rd party software that can rotate the object to the perspective you need prior to importing into sculptor though. Using this workflow, the software is not integrated into designer and may take a few test imports to get the angle right but it will work.