PDA

View Full Version : Litho Depth

Mike1
12-22-2017, 05:42 PM
I have carved the 1/4" Candlestone material at 180 and 450. I find that not enough light will project through it. Has anyone carved it deeper that that with success? Thanks

fwharris
12-22-2017, 05:55 PM
I stay with the recommended settings for the most part. I might adjust the height a little up or down but never deeper. What kind of lighting are you using? I also paint the inside of my boxes white for better reflection of the light.

Mike1
12-22-2017, 08:19 PM
That's the problem, I am not using any lighting, I am relying on natural sunlight. I have carved many using this method (but not candlestone, just regular lexan) and they were great in a window. Thank you.

fwharris
12-22-2017, 08:56 PM
That's the problem, I am not using any lighting, I am relying on natural sunlight. I have carved many using this method (but not candlestone, just regular lexan) and they were great in a window. Thank you.

Is the color of the material different? I bet so and that does play a big factor in how much light comes through.

Mike1
12-23-2017, 06:35 AM
Yes it is, you are right. They are both white but the Candlestone is not a brilliant white, more of a flat white. As well the texture of the Candlestone is coarse. So. that mab take in to play as well. I have some leads for lighting material from Amazon.ca that may help towards a lighted box. Thanks Floyd for all your help throughout the year and Merry Christmas.