PDA

View Full Version : Z Axis Stall

GFewell
03-29-2007, 03:55 PM
I have a "Z" Axis Stall, Error 246, Press Stop error on my machine and can not any information on getting the problem solved. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

nodwell
03-29-2007, 04:05 PM
This might be the most common "error" on the forum. It is usually caused by the bit not hitting the flapper when the head goes to back of unit. If you did a search and nothing came up you might want to go into USER CP and under thread options select Show All Post. This will allow you see every post from day one. There are many threads on how to fix this.

Good luck
Don

MAX COX
03-29-2007, 04:09 PM
do a search on z-axis stall. there has been several postings on it.. on my
last stall, i had to send machine back. i EXCHANGED MY BETA MACHINE FOR A REPLACEMENT MACHINE.

Dan-Woodman
03-29-2007, 05:24 PM
Hey max
I've got the same problem, the first thing they wanted me to do is trade my machine for a refeb and give them $500.00

liquidguitars
03-29-2007, 06:33 PM
For the fix for 246 try software to version 1.119 firmware.

It is usually caused by the bit not hitting the flapper when the head goes to back of unit

I have fixed this by loosing the screws on the top hood giving more room for the shaft to move to the right.

Looks like the flex shaft was hitting the plastic not the flapper.

Lig

Skyhawk
03-29-2007, 06:54 PM
I recently had this problem, which can be caused by numerous things...Mine was being caused by bearing failures, one that raises and lowers the head, and one that moves the truck front to back (this is the one that causes the error). When the bearings start to fail, they add extra resistance to the movement, and eventually will stop the movement altogether, causing the elusive 246 error...

To test for a failed bearing turn off the machine and grab the head...slide it back and forth (and up and down). The movement should be fluid without hesitation and with little resistance. Be careful while moving the head as the motors that move it have plastic gears that can strip if to much pressure is placed on them.

Replacing the bearing wasn't very difficult, but I do have a highly technical background, and takes a bit of a "Touch" to adjust tme properly...

liquidguitars
03-29-2007, 09:52 PM
yea I having some probs now with the Z truck and getting the 246 and the 236 so it can be a few things including the wire harness. :eek: time to call CW guys...

Lig

rjp736
03-29-2007, 10:08 PM
According to CW, my Z Axis problem is with the sensor behind the Z truck. Give'em a call. If you need this sensor I'd get it on the way asap. I have been waiting 3 weeks for mine, with any luck it'll be in Fridays shipment. Hope you get it up and running. Great little machine.

rjp736
03-29-2007, 10:44 PM
Liquidguitar,
I saw the freebie your giving away of a Ninja bike. Got any of a 1969 Dodge Charger....I'd be intereted in buying one. Let me know

liquidguitars
03-30-2007, 10:44 AM
yea I have one I can setup for you, PM me let me know what view you need...

Lig

Ropdoc
04-01-2007, 07:35 PM
They told me to send in the card ("L" shaped) on the back of the head for rebuild. I did and they sent back the wrong card. What is that all about. I have had this machine for more than two months and it still doesn't work.

Dave

rjp736
04-01-2007, 07:50 PM
I just replaced that same card and after one carving.....dead. Z truck now slams into the wood and buries the bit during setup.