PDA

View Full Version : Y Truck not moving far enough

bowfingers
12-15-2017, 09:20 AM
I have just installed a new Y pack and tryed to carve but the Y truck stops about a inch short of touching the bit plate is there an adjustment for this?

SteveNelson46
12-15-2017, 09:29 AM
In the far upper right corner there are 2 wires that lead to the cover switch. The truck is probably hitting them and stopping it from traveling far enough to trip the bit plate. This is a very common problem as there is absolutely no clearance and it is difficult to see. Even with a flashlight.

DickB
12-15-2017, 10:42 AM
Drill a few holes and add some tie wraps. Problem solved.

85246 85247

bowfingers
12-15-2017, 11:09 AM
Thanks guys that was the problem!

Digitalwoodshop
12-15-2017, 01:12 PM
Even I have done it.... Not tucking the wires into the back corner.... The WORST one is doing maintenance and leaving a 1/8th inch bit in the machine but in the process of doing maintenance push the Z DOWN... Then slide in a new board before turning on the machine and the Z retracting as part of homing.. and you hear a SNAP.... as your board takes out a $30.00 bit... :)

I looked at your website and VERY Impressive Product Line.... I bet you could make a great NAVY Lamp with the CW Cutout of the Navy Chief Anchor.... I know a guy that sells a cast brass 6 inch anchor too that would go very well as a lamp part. I have the WOOD pattern, I think I got it at the Pattern Depot.

Snowing here in my part of PA today, can't wait for Phil to look for his shadow.... :)

AL

Retired Navy Chief

bowfingers
12-15-2017, 06:57 PM
Even I have done it.... Not tucking the wires into the back corner.... The WORST one is doing maintenance and leaving a 1/8th inch bit in the machine but in the process of doing maintenance push the Z DOWN... Then slide in a new board before turning on the machine and the Z retracting as part of homing.. and you hear a SNAP.... as your board takes out a $30.00 bit... :)

I looked at your website and VERY Impressive Product Line.... I bet you could make a great NAVY Lamp with the CW Cutout of the Navy Chief Anchor.... I know a guy that sells a cast brass 6 inch anchor too that would go very well as a lamp part. I have the WOOD pattern, I think I got it at the Pattern Depot.

Snowing here in my part of PA today, can't wait for Phil to look for his shadow.... :)

AL

Retired Navy Chief

Al
Thanks for the kind words! Yes I can make a lamp for a Navy Chief if you are interested.
Snowing here today also have about 6 inches on the ground I am sick of winter already.