PDA

View Full Version : Memory Card

saylesj
12-10-2017, 01:56 PM
Hello all,
I recently started having a problem with my newest memory card in my carving machine, I cannot upload projects to it but it does not seem to have the machine control logic loaded anymore the screen just shows black squares when the card is inserted into the machine. Looking around last night, I did see that there is a new firmware that was released for the newer cutting motors. Does anybody think that will help me solve my problem if I flashed the memory card with the updated firmware?

This is the 2nd new card that has done this to me from carvewright, my original card that is approximately 10 years old is still working just fine…
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Happy Holidays!

mtylerfl
12-10-2017, 04:42 PM
Sorry to hear about your memory card problems.

This might not be the problem at all, but worth mentioning, just in case.

In the winter, static electricity seems to be more of a problem than other times of the year. Memory card issues seem to "increase" in the winter, due to static electricity messin' them up. Do you recall ever noticing a "shock" when handling the card (no matter how tiny)? It's always good insurance to ground yourself before handling a memory card to dissipate any static that could cause damage.

Digitalwoodshop
12-10-2017, 05:06 PM
I put a tape tail on my memory cards that lets me easily pull the card out. It prevents me from squeezing the metal card to pull it out. Have seen posts where the user thought the failure of the card was caused by pinching of the metal causing a short in the card. This could be totally BOGUS as I don't know that anyone that has opened a card.

I believe a "Static ZAP" is more likely as posted above by MT.

I would inspect the female end of the card for pressed in sawdust and the Computer End Male pins for sawdust between the pins.

AL

SteveNelson46
12-10-2017, 08:39 PM
Did you make sure that the machine is turned off before removing or inserting the card?

bergerud
12-10-2017, 09:05 PM
Hello all,
I recently started having a problem with my newest memory card in my carving machine, I cannot upload projects to it but it does not seem to have the machine control logic loaded anymore the screen just shows black squares when the card is inserted into the machine. Looking around last night, I did see that there is a new firmware that was released for the newer cutting motors. Does anybody think that will help me solve my problem if I flashed the memory card with the updated firmware?

This is the 2nd new card that has done this to me from carvewright, my original card that is approximately 10 years old is still working just fine…
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Happy Holidays!

I do not think the newer firmware will make a difference. Do, however, reflash the card with whatever version you have. (File - Flash Manager) It may even say BAD for the version.

henry1
12-10-2017, 09:08 PM
berg you have a private message