PDA

View Full Version : File process?

lbirdwell
03-29-2007, 01:23 PM
Very new here. Have not even picked up my machine yet. Due to get it from Sears tomorrow?

Anyway, it would be great to understand the practical process flow to bring an image (scanned, .jpeg, .bmp, etc.) through the steps to cut a project.

Where does CorelDraw fit in, etc.??

Sorry in advance for the dumb question.

Thanks,
Lyle

SpiffyDog
03-29-2007, 02:25 PM
Have you used the CW software, yet? The demo is available online.

CorelDraw is not necessary but comes in handy when creating custom artwork. You can use a variety of image editing software to do the same. CorelDraw seems to be somewhat the standard, in this forum anyway.

Use the search tool of this forum and you'll find answers to most of your questions as a beginner.

Welcome and happy carving!

Charles M
03-29-2007, 02:38 PM
Lyle,

Welcome to the group. I doubt you will have an easy time getting the answers from searching the forum because your question is rather broad. I think SpiffyDog has the right idea to go ahead download the software and play with it a while. I think you will get a better idea of how it all works. Based on the way you worded your question you may want to start with Jon Jantz' excellent tutorials on the allcw.com website. And please feel free to ask questions because we all started at the same level.

Charles