PDA

View Full Version : Christmas stocking stuffer 2017

oscarl48
11-27-2017, 02:16 PM
This was inspired by myshop1044. Thanks Perry.

This is meant as a candle holder, though I guess with imagination it can be re-purposed to other things. The holes for the candles are not included so you can select whatever size you need.

To create the candle holes (designer 2.xxx so don't know if different in other versions):

Use the circle tool and create the circle that fits your candle base.

Under tools tab use the carve region and set the depth of the hole.

Copy and paste additional as needed.

Done.

Ducky63
11-27-2017, 07:42 PM
Thank you sharing and thank you Perry for making it!!!! It maybe early but Merry Christmas to both of you!!!

myshop1044
11-28-2017, 04:17 PM
Thank you Oscar, I didn’t know I inspired anyone, I got the idea from my buddy Roger B one our northern neighbors.
when he showed how he painted,I thought to my self can I reproduce that using the tools I already have on hand,
as it turned out it worked out well. Funny part was I never carved it yet and the holidays are almost gone.
Ihave a another show middle of December and I might be able to make a couple for Christmas.
anyway thanks for the mention.
Perry B.

RogerB
11-28-2017, 04:54 PM
Perry best part is yours looked great.

RogerB
11-28-2017, 04:58 PM
Oscarl that is very nice pattern. Just think if you invert the pattern and add a center carve it will also make a great candy dish.85127

oscarl48
11-28-2017, 05:45 PM
Perry, I agree your patterns looked great. Roger I never thought of a candy dish. That is a good idea.

This is what the base model looks like in blender. The additive merge tool is an incredibly powerful tool that extends the creativity potential for pattern building. All the frills were added from designer using the basic patterns that come with the software. Hopefully it shows that designer basic is a powerful pattern building software even without all the additional modules.

Also, another quick ornament for fun.

And Ducky, Merry early Christmas! :)

myshop1044
11-28-2017, 08:37 PM
I went back and took a look at my project and it is a carving not a pattern. It was a combination of puffing tool and a 3/8”
straight cut bit with, reducing oblong long ovals to create the flat top to drill the holes for the candles.

oscarl48
11-28-2017, 10:45 PM
Perry,

You are right. No pattern shown on your post.

At some point you will have to save it as a pattern if you do plan to carve it. :D

- O

myshop1044
11-29-2017, 07:19 AM
Why would I need to create a pattern before I carve it?
Ijust loaded it to my card and it will take 5 hours, should it carve faster as a pattern?

oscarl48
11-29-2017, 03:57 PM
Perry,

We are talking past each other. By pattern I was meaning the carving/object/figure you created. The carvings you created are very nice.

- O

oscarl48
12-03-2017, 06:14 PM
Basic circle frame. As with the previous candle holder you can add decorations with the additive merge feature. Example of using crest composition from the basic patterns that come with the designer software.