PDA

View Full Version : Centre line Cut - Text

moethgreat
11-24-2017, 10:58 AM
I am trying to do some very simple Text, Using Centerline not Raster. When I go to pick a Bit I pick 1/8 Straight.

When I go to test this simple project (just 4 letters) it asks for a carving bit not cutting bit? But later if I try the same project off of the card it will ask for the 1/8 straight bit. Why would it change?

Also, a side question, Where can I adjust the depth of the text? When I selected the bit I didn't have the option?

Thanks

S

fwharris
11-24-2017, 11:30 AM
Most often you would want to use the V bits for centerline text. Centerline text does not allow you to adjust the depth. That is set by the font style you use and the size of the text.

Sometime the machine will ask for the carving bit to determine the board surface before doing a project.

SteveNelson46
11-24-2017, 11:32 AM
There are only two bits that can be used with the Centerline function. the 60 degree and the 90 degree v-bit. The Designer shouldn't allow you to select anything different as long as you have the Centerline text selected.

EDIT: A correction. The Designer will allow you to select other bits but it really doesn't make any sense. The bit will plunge to a depth to fill the space between the font lines. If an improper bit is used it will wipe out the adjacent lines and overlap. I guess that could be the effect you're looking for but it's not a normal procedure.

moethgreat
11-24-2017, 11:36 AM
Thanks Guys! That is very good to know. I guess I need some new bits.