PDA

View Full Version : 2 sided cutting???

MarkJamesDesign
03-29-2007, 10:25 AM
Since I don't yet have my CC I am still wide eyed and wondering,...salivating in fact. I have a question. Am I to understand that the CC or CW can cut a pattern on both sides of a board by flipping the board over and letting the machine find the edge. If so, can this method be used to cutout a pattern that is 1.5" or 2" thick? Like an egg shape or even a golf clubhead? Just one of the many ideas whirling around my head.

BTW...my wife is becoming concerned. This is the first time I've ever been addicted to something I've never even touched. Can't wait for my unit. If mine crashes you'll probably see me on the news..."Crazed man covered in wood chips barricades himself in Sears hardware dept."

Charles M
03-29-2007, 11:02 AM
Jim,

It can be used for double-sided but you will have to handle the areas where the front and back meet with care. For one thing, when using the Cut Path, the tabs may not hold the figure together so you might have to make your own tabs..

forqnc
03-29-2007, 11:37 AM
It can and like Charles M said, you need to take care with the layout. The reverse side will be drawn upside down when looking at the screen. When you go to start the carving in the machine it will prompt for the reverse side first.

Dan-Woodman
03-29-2007, 05:02 PM
Look in Designer for the big F and R for front and reverse.

Gman_Ind
03-31-2007, 07:59 PM
Bias relief sign carving is popular and lucrative as well, a pseudo 3d image on a sign has a huge selling point. All of the ritzy downtown places have these slick shingles out front. ;)
Now if I can carve 1/2" on one side and mirror the piece but not the text! and carve the rest 1/2 deep on a 1" piece and have it line up that will be a happy day here at the ranch.

MarkJamesDesign
03-31-2007, 08:46 PM
Gman,
I think we are in the infant stage of what this machine or it's follow-up / big brother will be capable of. I have always been one that thinks outside the box. And since I discovered the CC I've been so far out, I can't even see the box. With the exception of a select few, I have no use for the elements included in the software. I have created all of my own stuff in corel and Ulead photopaint. I will be posting some stuff soon as I get my CC cutting. (Provided it's one of the "good" ones). I would post some mpc's, but I'd like to see how they carve before I start showin' off. (I might not be as good as I think. Wouldn't be the first time.) And once this thing can handle cad files, I'm going to town.

Sarge
03-31-2007, 08:50 PM
Check out the first post on this thread: http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2725&highlight=fish (http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread: php?t=2725&highlight=fish) It shows what a little patience and attention to detail can accomplish with this machine.:cool: