PDA

View Full Version : get rid of border around imported pictures

heathpc
10-20-2017, 01:57 PM
I have imported a few pictures into patterns. They ALL end up with borders around them no matter what I do. I invert before. I invert after. I've raised and lowered. I've checked floor edges and unchecked it. I have unfeatherd. I imported a colored and then a black and white pattern to see if that helped.

My educational reservoir is depleted.

How do I delete the border around an imported picture. I simply want to carve out the form I imported.

p.s. If you can't tell this is a new user of an old machine. We have only done a few cribbage boards with moose patterns we found in the shared area.

p.p.s. I would share the imported pattern but don't know where it is stored outside the software. I have attached a black and white and a colored copy of what I am trying to do.

Patrick

fwharris
10-20-2017, 02:17 PM
You can either edit the image in a photo software to remove the background and then save as a PNG image format or when importing the image into the software use the "lower" arrow in the import window.

gwhiz
10-20-2017, 03:24 PM
For most images, I open them in paint.net (its free) and select and delete the background (white in this case). I also clean up any stray marks and apply a bit of Gaussian Blur to smooth out the edges. Save it to a PNG file to preserve the 'clear' background. Then it imports like this:

lynnfrwd
10-20-2017, 03:54 PM
If it has a WHITE background, click the down arrow when Importing Image in Designer. If it is a high quality image, it will only take one or two clicks.

heathpc
10-20-2017, 05:43 PM
Thank you all. You have set me on a forward path. Now where on my computer are the patterns in the software stored so I can share with a friend.

bjbethke
10-20-2017, 06:47 PM
Thank you all. You have set me on a forward path. Now where on my computer are the patterns in the software stored so I can share with a friend.

Hi Welcome to the forum; I thing you are thinking about the background. I use Photoshop most of the time to clean up the pattern. I also use Vector Magic and ShaderMap Pro to clean the images and give them a 3D effect. See attached images. If you send me a "PM" with your E-mail address; I can send you more details. I do offer my patterns on CD and DVD's A CD holds about 200 patterns and a DVD about 4 to 500 patterns.