PDA

View Full Version : Lockdown Leadscrew nut Loose (part 57)

55president
10-19-2017, 12:50 PM
I'm having aproblem with the lockdown leadscrew nut being loose on the crank side.
I can't crank down enough because when i get down to about 30 lbs the screw wobbles
out. I just get clicks and not enought head pressure. I need to tighten the lead screw jam nut
but there is hardly any space to do so. Do I need to take the leadscrew (part 29) out completely
and go at the Leadscrew jam nut swith a Socket? has anybody had this problem before?

help!

bergerud
10-19-2017, 02:04 PM
If I recall, the nut is supposed to float. That may not be the cause of your problem. (If it wobbled out as you say and turned, the head would become unlevel, woundn't it?)

Look again at the situation. Check for head level, jamming corner posts, striped threads,...

55president
10-19-2017, 02:23 PM
i've done all of that,Leveled the head several times , lubed the posts --it's so wobbly that it's seems that's the only thing that
it could be .
it's not turning, it's just wobbly.

55president
10-19-2017, 03:26 PM
Ok that's not it -- I tightened this screw up a bit and I'm still getting 25 lbs on the front
roller and 30 lbs on the back roller.

I'm thinking it's the clutch, How can I stiffen the clutch a little to give me the proper
pressures. washers ? stretch the spring?