PDA

View Full Version : Interesting eBay item...

Digitalwoodshop
10-12-2017, 02:38 PM
Posting this here as I am not sure of a better place....

Found a Cover Bypass Switch on ebay for sale... He sold 2 of the 3 he has.... Interesting.....

I think a FFC Cable Tester would sell....

Carvewright Test module. My first Carvewright (Compucarve) machine had multiple problems. Every time I worked on it I had to remove the cover, then reassemble the cover to see if what I had done had fixed the problem. 9 out of 10 times I had to remove the top again. I met a guy who was servicing the Craftsman Compucarves and he showed me the instrument he had built to service the machines. It is a simple two button box that plugs into the Carvewright machine after you have removed the cover. It allows you to test the machine without the cover on it. One switch controls the cut motor. The other controls movement of the truck. When Sears stopped selling Compucarves, the tech sold me his testing apparatus. Now I am passing the tool on to whoever need this valuable tool. Again, this is NOT a tool to eliminate the cover on the Carvewright. It is a tool for use during maintenance of the machine. It is not recommended that safety features of the machine be bypassed. The cover is there to keep fingers out of the carving mechanism. Also, when this testing tool is plugged in, you cannot use the scanning tool. If you find yourself removing and replacing the cover over and over while you do maintenance on your machine, this valuable tool is for you. With cover removed, it takes less than a minute to hook up, using existing Carvewright plugs. It will be shipped USPS small envelope flat rate for $6.65. Insurance is free. No returns. Ask questions before you bid. Canada and U.S. only. No other international sales. Style of switch and color of wiring is different than photo, but otherwise looks and works exactly the same.

fwharris
10-12-2017, 04:24 PM
I saw that a few days ago.

henry1
10-12-2017, 09:22 PM
Posting this here as I am not sure of a better place....

Found a Cover Bypass Switch on ebay for sale... He sold 2 of the 3 he has.... Interesting.....

I think a FFC Cable Tester would sell....
What would you call it that test modual

Carvewright Test module. My first Carvewright (Compucarve) machine had multiple problems. Every time I worked on it I had to remove the cover, then reassemble the cover to see if what I had done had fixed the problem. 9 out of 10 times I had to remove the top again. I met a guy who was servicing the Craftsman Compucarves and he showed me the instrument he had built to service the machines. It is a simple two button box that plugs into the Carvewright machine after you have removed the cover. It allows you to test the machine without the cover on it. One switch controls the cut motor. The other controls movement of the truck. When Sears stopped selling Compucarves, the tech sold me his testing apparatus. Now I am passing the tool on to whoever need this valuable tool. Again, this is NOT a tool to eliminate the cover on the Carvewright. It is a tool for use during maintenance of the machine. It is not recommended that safety features of the machine be bypassed. The cover is there to keep fingers out of the carving mechanism. Also, when this testing tool is plugged in, you cannot use the scanning tool. If you find yourself removing and replacing the cover over and over while you do maintenance on your machine, this valuable tool is for you. With cover removed, it takes less than a minute to hook up, using existing Carvewright plugs. It will be shipped USPS small envelope flat rate for $6.65. Insurance is free. No returns. Ask questions before you bid. Canada and U.S. only. No other international sales. Style of switch and color of wiring is different than photo, but otherwise looks and works exactly the same.

what would you call it the tester

blhutchens
10-13-2017, 05:47 AM
I saw this a while back and didn't grab one. It should be easy enough to build a FFC cable tester for someone of your background Al.

I was thinking what a pain to do continuity test on all 14 pins individually.