PDA

View Full Version : Stone Texture

PacificBW
10-09-2017, 11:40 AM
Has anyone found or made a stone texture? Converting the jpg files has been challenging. Any good techniques would be awesome!

Thank you,

Blake

SteveNelson46
10-09-2017, 12:53 PM
Has anyone found or made a stone texture? Converting the jpg files has been challenging. Any good techniques would be awesome!

Thank you,

Blake

This is one of the "Materials" (Tools, Select Materials) with the default settings. It's a built in feature of Designer 3.xx.

mtylerfl
10-09-2017, 01:08 PM
Hi Steve,

The Material Texture editing is one of the features of the Designer Pro software.

It's hard to keep track of which features come with what, sometimes. Especially when folks like you and I have everything!

SteveNelson46
10-09-2017, 01:11 PM
Hi Steve,

The Material Texture editing is one of the features of the Designer Pro software.

its hard to keep track of which features come with what, sometimes. Especially when folks like you and I have everything!

Thanks Michael. I figured it out and changed my post but you beat me to it.

oscarl48
10-09-2017, 07:20 PM
Steve, Michael,

Very cool.

Blake, I use a third party software for my pattern building. Here is my version for the folks that don't have designer pro yet either.

I've shared the technique previously in my 3rd party software blender thread. This one used the cloud texture using the blender basic basis to displace the plane.

The down side is because the texture is not part of designer it is a larger file.

- O

SteveNelson46
10-09-2017, 09:31 PM
I might also add that I made the example in about 15 seconds.

myshop1044
10-10-2017, 01:52 PM
After reading this I remembered we had a class at one of the conferences on how create different back grounds,
I found this one that had made for a friend from different pics that I made into ptns, there are stone, bricks , tree barks, sand , waves and I still use them from time to time when the projects for it.
I have about 10 tree barks, vertical and horizontal too