PDA

View Full Version : this is supposed to be an open forum right?

menewfy
03-28-2007, 10:06 PM
I was actively responding and seeking advice from other forum members until lately.

I believe it is getting a little out of hand here, some things I agree with and others are just off the wall.

I agree that some viewers may be young but the words that have been used in todays posts are not so offensive that it is going to corrupt a young ones life.

This is a forum where a month ago we were proud that cw were allowing us to voice our concerns or successes without deleting anything good or bad!

Now perhaps from public pressure or some other source we are having members posts edited or deleted all together.

I can appreciate that some items might have copyrighted material, but does that mean that we should not share for personal use? in my opinion we all do it that is right everyone of us has or has thought about it, did we all share it no because heaven forbid we get our heads taken off by one or two people that believe they are above it.

I have made a plaque of my favorite NHL team ( sorry to anyone from the NHL who reads this post for not getting permission for using those letters of the alphabet before hand, but would be more than willing to make it right just let me konw how much I owe you)

people lets face it we are all here to learn and share so loosen up and relax.

I would say that there are some words that would be considered out of line however if someone is on the forum and excited about how things are turning out let him/her express it.

if someone is targetting another person in some manner that is one thing, and most times that is out of frustration or miscommunication and is resolved by that persons next post.

for the most part we are all adults here so lets act like it.

lets put it into perspective what happens when you are watching television and someone says heck or something worse do you boycot the channel until 10 pm.

with all do respect to anyone with kids that want to learn I think that is great, but keep it real for the sake of sharing.

it is not like when those people were putting those links or images or suggestions on the other forum we had.

I hope that this post is neither edited or deleted.

I have added a poll and dont worry your results will nto be made public so please vote the way you really feel.

meat
03-28-2007, 10:09 PM
Well said. Wish I could have wrote what you did! :cool:

Your pal,
Meat.

pkunk
03-28-2007, 10:12 PM
We're trying to keep it nice. Period.
http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?p=18778#post18778