PDA

View Full Version : Simple Palm Tree...not so simple?

PacificBW
09-30-2017, 11:53 PM
Holy smokes. When this file is opened a prompt issues a warning of several potential carving issues. Looks like this would be a simple 2d carve but that may not be the case. Does anyone have a file like this they can share? if not, can this be screenshot and rendered in pattern editor?

many thanks,

Blake

henry1
10-01-2017, 01:48 AM
Holy smokes. When this file is opened a prompt issues a warning of several potential carving issues. Looks like this would be a simple 2d carve but that may not be the case. Does anyone have a file like this they can share? if not, can this be screenshot and rendered in pattern editor?

many thanks,

Blake
Here one for you will this do

DianMayfield
10-01-2017, 10:03 AM
When you import vector graphics, small un-carveable artifacts may exist. In the dxf importer, these will have their own sub-list in the carve list (before you finish the import). If you click on each one, you can determine how important they are. If they are important to the design, you may need to go back to the graphic and make it larger.

I have v3 and it looks like the outline would carve ok.

bjbethke
10-01-2017, 02:23 PM

many thanks,

Blake

You have some turn about's on your Vector drawing, with the 1/8 inch bit it takes extra space to make the turns. you might get a better carving with a scroll saw.

PacificBW
10-01-2017, 03:47 PM
You have some turn about's on your Vector drawing, with the 1/8 inch bit it takes extra space to make the turns. you might get a better carving with a scroll saw.

That is correct. I lifted the file from the depths of the Plant Life forum string. Perhaps it is just a formality with the new software version updates that have taken place up to now.

Blake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

henry1
10-01-2017, 07:50 PM
That is correct. I lifted the file from the depths of the Plant Life forum string. Perhaps it is just a formality with the new software version updates that have taken place up to now.

Blake

Guest so much for the ptn file sorry i bothered

PacificBW
10-01-2017, 08:29 PM
Here one for you will this do

Henry, thank you for taking the time to make this pattern. I am being asked to use a specific shape and style. I did not intend to discount your time and effort. Thank you for offering.

DickB
10-02-2017, 07:15 AM
I don't see a real problem with this file. Turning off Hide Cutout eliminates two warning messages. The auto jig warning can be ignored if you use a jig or a longer board and Stay Under Rollers.