PDA

View Full Version : Replacing clear cover

SharonB
09-19-2017, 06:43 PM
Good afternoon, Does anyone know where the instructions are for replacing the clear clover. You know...How the heck do you remove the pins and then go ahead and reassemble using the new clear cover.

fwharris
09-19-2017, 06:48 PM
I have not viewed it but.... http://support.carvewright.com/tightening-the-clear-cover-pins/

fwharris
09-19-2017, 06:50 PM
It is probably best to remove to top cover to do the replacement.

SharonB
09-19-2017, 07:22 PM
Thanks, Floyd. I reviewed the video but it just shows how to tighten the pin. Might tackle removing the whole cover tomorrow but had hoped there was an easier way. I thought I saw instructions on changing the clear cover but do you think I can find it now,

fwharris
09-19-2017, 07:39 PM
Thanks, Floyd. I reviewed the video but it just shows how to tighten the pin. Might tackle removing the whole cover tomorrow but had hoped there was an easier way. I thought I saw instructions on changing the clear cover but do you think I can find it now,

Me either. :(

SteveNelson46
09-19-2017, 08:55 PM
Good afternoon, Does anyone know where the instructions are for replacing the clear clover. You know...How the heck do you remove the pins and then go ahead and reassemble using the new clear cover.

Sharon,

It is a whole lot easier to remove the head cover first. There only four screws to remove it. If you are careful, you can just turn the head cover upside down without removing the flex shaft and cables. The clear cover is attached to the head cover from the inside with a plate and 2 screws that secure the pin and allow it to swivel. You only have to remove the plate on one side. The screws also hold the cover switch. Here is a link on how to remove the head cover.

http://www.carvewright.com/assets/service/Service_instructions/CarveWright_service_remove_head_cover.pdf

SharonB
09-20-2017, 12:53 AM
Steve... I've had that head cover off so many times over the years that I think I could do it in my sleep. But I've never had to replace the clear cover until now. I did take the 2 screws out of the small piece on the left-hand side and that did not let me remove the pins. I'm surprised the adjustment is on the switch side but thanks for pointing me in that direction. Learn something new every time I have work on the machines.

SharonB
09-20-2017, 03:39 PM
Sucess! Really it was quite easy once the top cover is removed and you can work at getting the pins out without standing on your head. A brief description on 'How To' would have saved me a few minutes and moderated my speech to some degree. Thanks for the help and pointing me in the right direction.