PDA

View Full Version : A few items that I've made recently

Durtdawber
08-23-2017, 11:13 AM
I don't get to carve as much as I use to, but sometimes I get on a roll and do a few items for friends and family. Here are a few of my recent. It is funny but I had done many of the anniversary plaques for others but never had done one for my wife :rolleyes:.

Donnie

DickB
08-23-2017, 02:59 PM
Nice!

I see the stars on the flag appear to have a small ridge around them? Is that the case, and was that intentional?

Durtdawber
08-23-2017, 05:54 PM
Nice!

I see the stars on the flag appear to have a small ridge around them? Is that the case, and was that intentional?

Not intentional and it is a little bit of camera trickery. They actually don't have a ridge. This was a test carve where I did the stains first then did the carve. The stars and white stripes are the actual board color. I did this in pine and I think the stars would have been sharper with a harder wood.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SharonB
08-23-2017, 11:55 PM
Donnie.... You have five very nice projects. I'll know your wife appreciates the anniversary plaque, as it shows just how much you appreciate your lives together.

mtylerfl
08-24-2017, 01:24 PM
The unintended star borders give a sort of embroidered effect. I like the rustic folk-art style!