PDA

View Full Version : Issue with Z Truck

chebytrk
08-14-2017, 09:58 PM
Friend states when project starts the Z truck runs to the pad side & starts clicking as if still trying to continue going. Can this be the Y motor? When turned off everything moves easily. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

bergerud
08-14-2017, 10:20 PM
I would say either the Y gearbox or the Y belt. It could also be the belt clamp behind the Y carriage.

Test if the Y belt is loose. If not, test to see if the sprocket on the Y motor can be wiggled up and down by hand (bearing check).

chebytrk
08-14-2017, 10:24 PM
I would say either the Y gearbox or the Y belt. It could also be the belt clamp behind the Y carriage.

Test if the Y belt is loose. If not, test to see if the sprocket on the Y motor can be wiggled up and down by hand (bearing check).Thanks... I'll help him recheck everything. I know he recently replaced Y motor & the belt. We'll go back & double check that all is on snug & nothing loose. I do recall that at one time the belt was loose as a screw got loose on the clip behind the Z truck.

bergerud
08-14-2017, 10:33 PM
It would not be the Y motor then. If the belt is tight, check that clamp behind the carriage.

chebytrk
08-14-2017, 10:52 PM
It would not be the Y motor then. If the belt is tight, check that clamp behind the carriage.Will do.. Thanks brother