PDA

View Full Version : Military Unit Patch Pattern Assistance

DevvyM
08-08-2017, 08:24 PM
Hello fellow carvers,

I am hoping someone can help make the attached patch into a pattern. I have tried for hours modifying it to create an acceptable pattern; however, I have had no luck. When I lower the floor in an effort to make a silhouette of the patch, it eliminates parts of the patch and I can't seem to get the words defined clearly. Any assistance is appreciated!
Thank You!

bergerud
08-08-2017, 08:34 PM
To start with, you need higher resolution graphic. Google search for a larger file. Here is a little better one.

DevvyM
08-09-2017, 06:03 AM
Thank you so much! I have learned the importance of making sure the graphics are high quality. I was able to import and was ready to carve in a matter of minutes.
Dev

oscarl48
08-09-2017, 06:37 PM
Devvy, if you want PM your email address and I'll send you my pattern interpretation of the emblem. It's not an exact copy but its close. Modeled in 3d before porting into designer.

- O

Alan Malmstrom
08-09-2017, 08:46 PM
If I was doing that one I would thicken up the font a bit, while spacing the letters apart some, and make the banner contoured but still with a border around it to help it stand out.

oscarl48
08-10-2017, 07:11 AM
Alan, thanks for the critique. I'll play with it this afternoon for my own education. Since I am building a new object in 3d from a 2d image it is my interpretation. I am assigning the different heights of the different parts per my own bias.

P.S. I was running out the door to go to work so didn't finish the thought. I knew something didn't look right but couldn't put my finger on it. Thanks for the useful feedback.

P.P.S. Updated the pattern. I believe it looks better. Still not 100% but better.

bjbethke
08-10-2017, 02:52 PM
Hello fellow carvers,

I am hoping someone can help make the attached patch into a pattern. I have tried for hours modifying it to create an acceptable pattern; however, I have had no luck. When I lower the floor in an effort to make a silhouette of the patch, it eliminates parts of the patch and I can't seem to get the words defined clearly. Any assistance is appreciated!
Thank You!

Welcome to the CW Forum; Will this help? If you would like all the files - Send me a "PM" with your e-mail address. ; BJB