PDA

View Full Version : Hello ya'll.

rod213
03-27-2007, 11:05 PM
Hey ya'll, good looking forum here. I've been reading up here for about 3 days now and checking out the gallery. Some fine work that this machine produces.

I'm sold and I'm dead to have one. Though I am concerned about the 'bugs' that seemed to have cropped up. I don't want to sink $1900 ($1519 on the Sears website right now!) into a machine that could drag up on me and be out on repair for weeks or months from some of the stuff I've read.

So what's the general concensus? Go ahead and buy one and fight through it or wait for the software updates? Does any of ya know when the software is going to be updated? If you had it to do over again, would you wait or go again?

Thanks alot for your opinions and suggestions and I hope to get to share my work here at some point as well.

Rodney

nodwell
03-28-2007, 03:49 AM
Rodney

Hello and welcome.
I recieved my CW late January and have loved it. Had a few issuses along the way but most of them I consider part of the learning curve. Was able to work thru them with other members help and by reading past posts. In my opinion it is well worth the few “bumps” to be able to produce these carvings at home. It is also the only tool I have that my wife has said “I’m glad you bought that.” And at $1519 – what a great price!

If you do order one think about ordering extra bits from CW. There is usually a backlog of orders so if you order up front you should have a spare when you need it.

Again welcome and good luck.

Don

rod213
03-28-2007, 08:24 AM
Well it only seems fitting that you would welcome me to the site seeing as how we both are from Princeton. LOL!

Thanks for the vote of confidence about the machine. I may have to wait till I get a bit more money for the bits as I'm working hard to come up with the initial 1500.

Rodney

MarkJamesDesign
03-28-2007, 08:25 AM
Hi Rodney,
I just joined the forum yesterday and ordered my CC through Sears. I called my local store and they said they would give same price as the web. Mine is "supposed" to be in on the 3rd. With regard to all of the probs I see posted from users I was leary of this machine. I don't think I would have bought direct due to the fact that if something goes awry CW wants you to pay freight both ways for what I feel may be their mistakes. With the Sears purchase I feel secure knowing I can return locally.

One more point. I remember when I was a retail store mgr. years ago. My store store owner would always say, "If a customer has a great experience at your store they may tell someone, but you can bet if they have a bad experience they will tell everyone." I have seen almost as many positive post as neg. on this forum and others that I have checked. Even the Sears reveiws were about %65 in favor. I like to think there are hundreds of owners that are just chippin' away and don't have time to complain.

Hope you have good luck with yours and that we see some great projects in the future.

cajunpen
03-28-2007, 11:10 PM
I have seen almost as many positive post as neg. on this forum and others that I have checked. Even the Sears reveiws were about %65 in favor. I like to think there are hundreds of owners that are just chippin' away and don't have time to complain.
MarkJamesDesignI think that with 5000+ machines on the market the complaints that you see on the Forum are in the minority. Don't get me wrong, problems do occur with the machines - but CarveWright has been very supportive and will eventually get the machine working as it should. To the best of my knowledge CW pays the shipping charges (both ways) for any machines having to be sent back, in warranty. Most problems have been solved on the phone with tech support.

I think you will be happy with your machine - if you are patient and willing to work through any problems that pop up.

rjp736
03-28-2007, 11:12 PM
Understanable, but after waitng 3 weeks and same excuse it gets frustrating. I hane a lot of dust on my machine......but it ain't from carving.