PDA

View Full Version : New Carvewright

Nick68
07-23-2017, 05:36 AM
Just got a CW, my second one. Plugged it in, inserted the card, flipped the On switch and nothing.
Are we still having power board problems.

bcurrence1
07-23-2017, 05:42 AM
Are you sure that the machine did not power up? I was thinking that I had a similar after a recent move. turned on the machine and nothing on the display. turns out the contrast button had been turned all the way down in the move. I simply adjusted this and the display came in fine. good luck.

Nick68
07-23-2017, 01:03 PM
The contrast dial is not working because no juice is getting to it. Looks like this CW is going back to Texas.

bergerud
07-23-2017, 01:24 PM
Does the y truck put up some resistance to movement by hand when the switch is on? (24V check)

Digitalwoodshop
07-23-2017, 01:30 PM
Try swapping the card from your other machine.

It worked out of the factory so this could be something like the card... Likely at the factory they use the same card to test every machine in that line... So my thoughts are the card...

Nick68
07-23-2017, 04:51 PM
Ya your right, in that some resistance is to be expected...but sadly non is present. As to plugging in my old card, this to didn't work. Thank you for your advice, ye elders of the CW forum

Does the y truck put up some resistance to movement by hand when the switch is on? (24V check)

Nick68
07-23-2017, 05:05 PM
Ok, took the upper hand and flipped the CW on its side, removed the bottom to discover that the logic controller was not plugged in. Time to take a closer look at this CW.

fwharris
07-23-2017, 05:17 PM
Ok, took the upper hand and flipped the CW on its side, removed the bottom to discover that the logic controller was not plugged in. Time to take a closer look at this CW.

Good catch. Shipping handling is/can be kind of rough. Check all of the other connections since you have the cover off.

Nick68
07-27-2017, 02:48 PM
New Machine, part 2. Hello, over the years(09) I have purchased many patterns, projects, and center line software. The Pc that used to run no longer runs. The old machine(b) made its way to the land fill. How can I re-license the patterns, projects, and center line to my new pc/machine.

lynnfrwd
07-27-2017, 03:32 PM
New Machine, part 2. Hello, over the years(09) I have purchased many patterns, projects, and center line software. The Pc that used to run no longer runs. The old machine(b) made its way to the land fill. How can I re-license the patterns, projects, and center line to my new pc/machine.

Your new pc and new machine should be registered to your original Customer Account where all of your licenses are.

Nick68
07-28-2017, 05:59 AM
Hello Lynnfrwd, it is unfortunate that I purchased the new CW under my old CW store log in...and when I purchased the CW pro3, I purchased it under a new store log in. Do you have a solution?

lynnfrwd
07-28-2017, 10:11 AM
Hello Lynnfrwd, it is unfortunate that I purchased the new CW under my old CW store log in...and when I purchased the CW pro3, I purchased it under a new store log in. Do you have a solution?

It is not the Store Account that is an issue here, it is the Customer Account. We should always have just one. I can combine them, but I need you to send me your name (Private Message is fine).

Nick68
07-29-2017, 12:17 AM
CW rocks! Thanks for all your help.