PDA

View Full Version : Please load board message

Geomoo1
07-21-2017, 08:13 AM
I keep getting this message after "stay under board option". I have tried different boards. What do you suggest is the problem?

bergerud
07-21-2017, 10:18 AM
That message to Load Board is due to a roller switch being open. (You would get the same message if the head was not clamped down.)

Listen for the roller switches to "click" as you clamp the head down. One of them is most likely the problem.

Geomoo1
07-21-2017, 11:38 AM
Thanks, bergerud. I don't hear any click when I clamp the head so I guess maybe that could be the problem.

henry1
07-21-2017, 11:50 AM
had that problem before and what you do is keyboard board side take the side panel out,, with a little screw driver you will see the switch just push on it and should release the switch if not you have to change the switches

Digitalwoodshop
07-21-2017, 12:03 PM
Any chance this is a "7 inch rule of wood" issue and the artwork length and the board physical length AND asking to stay under the rollers = load a new longer board??????

Just asking.... sometimes the question can be interpreted in different ways.... Board too short to subtract 7 inches to stay under rollers leaving no room for a pattern.

lynnfrwd
07-21-2017, 12:11 PM
I assume you meant "after 'stay under roller' option". Is there a chance your board is a little less than .5"? Or you have dust built up in the rollers? Also, check head pressure.

Geomoo1
07-21-2017, 12:56 PM
I assume you meant "after 'stay under roller' option". Is there a chance your board is a little less than .5"? Or you have dust built up in the rollers? Also, check head pressure.
I did say after "stay under roller" option. The board is .75 thick and the rollers are clean. The head pressure is a tad over 100.

Geomoo1
07-21-2017, 01:00 PM
Any chance this is a "7 inch rule of wood" issue and the artwork length and the board physical length AND asking to stay under the rollers = load a new longer board??????

Just asking.... sometimes the question can be interpreted in different ways.... Board too short to subtract 7 inches to stay under rollers leaving no room for a pattern.

The 7" rule wouldn't apply here as the machine never measured the board and any way I did allow for the 7" rule. The message came after I told it to stay under the roller.

Geomoo1
07-21-2017, 01:03 PM
had that problem before and what you do is keyboard board side take the side panel out,, with a little screw driver you will see the switch just push on it and should release the switch if not you have to change the switches

Thanks, henry1. I did push on the switches and it didn't make a difference. Probably a bad switch.

Geomoo1
07-21-2017, 01:36 PM
OK. I decided to go ahead and order the Roller Sensor Cable Assembly. It was only $10 but the shipping is $12. MAN!!! That burns my *** to pay more for shipping than the part costs...

lynnfrwd
07-21-2017, 02:56 PM
Go to 0 then 7 and check the status of your front and back roller.

cestout
07-21-2017, 05:46 PM
I was going to say that Connie. With no board in the machine and the head cranked up, go to 0-7, curser down to rollers. reach in thru the top and pull up on the front roller. Reach from the back for the back roller (I am right handed). You should see the switch close and open. I am quite deaf and even with my powerful hearing aid, I could never hear a micro switch click. If it they don't change, squirt a bunch of air in at the end of the roller by that rubber washer looking thing until it does. Worst case, remove the end cover so you can see the switches and blow the dust out. Unlikely a switch is bad, just needs cleaning or adjusting.
Clint

Geomoo1
07-21-2017, 10:15 PM
OK. I cleaned out the ends of the rollers and took the side off again and cleaned the switches really good. Everything works fine now so I canceled the order. The only problem now is a y-stall about half way through the carve. Oh well. If it isn't one thing it's another. :(
Thanks for all the replies. Hope every one has a good week end...