PDA

View Full Version : Modifying Purchased Patterns

rick.price
07-20-2017, 06:09 PM
I recently bought a few patterns and am trying to figure out how to modify them a bit. The main one is a sign with a fish jumping that says 'Bucksport Sporting Goods'. I'd like to get rid of, or edit that text into something I can use, but it tells me I can't edit patterns that I haven't created. Makes this one useless if I can't edit the text. :confused:

I'd appreciate any help.

Rick Price

bergerud
07-20-2017, 06:29 PM
Welcome to the forum. Sometimes one can cover up the unwanted text and write over it. Can you post a screen shot of the pattern you want to alter?

fwharris
07-20-2017, 09:49 PM
You could contact the pattern maker to see if they can give you an edited version to remove the text. Other than that you got what you got. You can not edit a pattern created by someone else.

cestout
07-21-2017, 06:13 PM
There is a pattern in the store of a jumping bass. I don't know why someone would sell a pattern with a specific name attached. If it is a project -.mpc file, you can extract the patterns - .ptn files. Be careful where you get your patterns; there are some unscrupulous people out there.
Clint

bjbethke
07-24-2017, 12:43 PM
I recently bought a few patterns and am trying to figure out how to modify them a bit. The main one is a sign with a fish jumping that says 'Bucksport Sporting Goods'. I'd like to get rid of, or edit that text into something I can use, but it tells me I can't edit patterns that I haven't created. Makes this one useless if I can't edit the text. :confused:

I'd appreciate any help.

Rick Price

You would need the Artwork file (.mpw) to edit the pattern file. Most people do not post that file because it is not protected. You can also change the pattern with the Grayscale image. I sell my patterns on CD and DVD's If you send me your e-mail I can send you a sample of my patterns. -send me a "PM" with your e-mail address.

mtylerfl
07-24-2017, 02:55 PM
BJB means you need the MPW file to edit the pattern. MPW is the unprotected version of the pattern