PDA

View Full Version : get your thinking cap on

myshop1044
07-05-2017, 09:34 PM
attached is a project I'm working on , it will be a 1/4 material. I am trying to use "sweep-rounded' to create a rounded edge, on both sides.
but when I copy and paste to the back side, it will not rotate correctly. I have rotated the board by hand every which way I can and it does not line up. cutpath works well, but I want a smooth rounded edge, if possible.
Feel free to play with it, any help would be great. I am burned out on possiblies.

SteveNelson46
07-06-2017, 01:29 AM
Create the outside shape first and apply the sweep
Make pattern from shape
Create a new project
Place pattern on both sides
Flip the pattern vertically on the back side
Place holes on the front side with drill tool.

myshop1044
07-06-2017, 08:24 AM
Thanks Steve, I had thought about the pattern creation too, but I just couldn't figure why the vectors flip on the back side.
I guess you can see where this is going, my grandson wants to make his own spinners , so he brought me one that broke and we went from there.
This could be fun.
Thanks again for the tip.

bergerud
07-08-2017, 11:49 AM
Use flip (and then re-position).

cestout
07-08-2017, 01:19 PM
If you center the pattern on both sides they should line up, but it works best if the board is very close to the size of the project. To verify the alignment, draw a line across the board hanging off the top and bottom, click cutout and hide the cutout. Look at the cut end and you can tweak the position of the front or back pattern.
Clint