PDA

View Full Version : War Hammer

oscarl48
06-29-2017, 05:54 PM
War hammer: patterns and mpc (sorry designer 2.xxx).

With the folks with basic, use the enclosed patterns. Take slice 2 pattern and copy and paste and flip to get the mirror image. Slice 1 can stay the same so just copy and paste.

Alternate carve is to carve only half and resize smaller for a plaque applique.

Disclaimer:
I have not carved this so please use good woodworking sense in carving this. If there is any issues please let me know.

Also for any stl importer users please let me know if you want the stl file for this to play with it.

Mugsowner
06-29-2017, 09:32 PM
Would make a nice addition to the shop, Cool design, thinking of making couple to hang. I think i may try to hollow out the head a bit for shot or sand to give it a dead blow effect.

oscarl48
06-30-2017, 09:08 AM
Awesome. Let me know how they come out and if the patterns need anything done to them.

The mpc is set up as a pierced carvings and two tabs per side.

mtylerfl
06-30-2017, 10:11 AM
Hi Oscar,

Are you using ZBrush now? Nice work!

Sliverfoot
06-30-2017, 12:13 PM
Awesome Oscar!
Can't wait to get up and running again to do this. Thanks for the pattern

oscarl48
06-30-2017, 01:49 PM
Silverfoot,

Your welcome. Can't wait to see your version of it.

Michael, its still blender. In the last two years it has really morphed. Way more functionality but probably a lot more complex too. They've added native metcaps for sculpting and OpenGL rendering.

They will also be adding a fifth native render engine (EEVEE) for real time Physically Based Rendering view port soon. Blender used to be a beast but now its a monster (in a good way).