PDA

View Full Version : reinsert card error

oscarl48
06-20-2017, 07:52 PM
Well for the last two days I keep getting reinsert card error. Started slow and now the machine will run for about 1 minute before the error comes back. Tried reseating the card many, many times with no love. Baby sat the machine hitting enter every minute but got my last carve mostly complete.

I reflashed the firmware with no change in behavior. I ran out of day light but I'll reformat tonight and try a carve tomorrow.

Is this my card giving up its ghost or is there some other troubleshooting I can try.

Thanks.

- O

bergerud
06-20-2017, 08:51 PM
That is a new one on me. Have you looked closely into the slot? Maybe a bent pin or some sawdust in there. Do you have another card to try?

SteveNelson46
06-20-2017, 09:00 PM
It could be the cable that goes from the back of the card reader is loose. I think the other end goes to the controller but I'm not sure.

oscarl48
06-20-2017, 09:15 PM
Dan, that was my original thought. I did have some sawdust build up. Cleaned it out real well and all the pins look straight but same behavior and unfortunately no additional card.

Steve, I was hoping I could get away from not tearing into the machine but that is a good next step to troubleshoot without another card.

I reformated the card so I'll see tomorrow if it still keeps acting up. If it does I'll open her up and see if there are any loose wires. Thanks to you both for the advice.

SteveNelson46
06-21-2017, 11:30 AM
I reformated the card so I'll see tomorrow if it still keeps acting up. If it does I'll open her up and see if there are any loose wires. Thanks to you both for the advice.

Try re-flashing the firmware on the card also.

Digitalwoodshop
06-21-2017, 01:22 PM
I would remove the Computer and look closely at the pins AND remove the cover and blow the dust out....

Do you have a Tape Tail on your card to aid in pulling it out of the slot? Have seen some strange problems with card that people PINCH the end to pull the card out crushing the metal into the memory card possibly causing the error.

AL

oscarl48
06-21-2017, 02:38 PM
Steve, AL, thanks. I've been running around taking my cat to the vet for some dental surgeries and working honey do lists so haven't had a chance for fun stuff like tearing my CW apart. ;)

Steve, did try a firmware update. No luck. AL I haven't taken my computer apart but I guess its time for me to learn how to.

Probably be a day or two before I get to it. Getting ready for Cindy too. Hope all near the coast doing okay. We are expecting a few inches of rain but potential tornado so cleaning around the house.

oscarl48
06-22-2017, 11:55 AM
Still not working.

Got into the computer and a cleaned it. Surprising how much saw dust was in the computer itself. All the connectors looked good and seated well. Cleaned out the pins going into the computer. Noticed they are not all the same length but they were consistent so I guess that is the design. I am guessing it may be the card though it doesn't act up until the machine is carving.

oscarl48
06-26-2017, 01:54 PM
Well it looks like it was my card. I received my new card today and uploaded and ran my last project. Finished it with not issues.

Digitalwoodshop
06-26-2017, 02:09 PM
Well it looks like it was my card. I received my new card today and uploaded and ran my last project. Finished it with not issues.

inquiring Minds want to know..... Do you have a tape tail on your card or do you pinch the end of the card? asked earlier....

AL