PDA

View Full Version : Capt Bruce is back at the ship's wheel

Capt Bruce
06-09-2017, 12:30 PM
This seems like an appropriate place to say I'M BACK after quite a long absence and staring over again just like a Newbie. Same old Bruce, same points of contact, been through cancer and a heart attack and I'm a survivor of both so happy to be here among friends. Just to complicate life a bit more after all that my trusty Compaq laptop gave up the ghost after Windows 10 upgrade. Everything on the hard disk, and I mean all of the last 16 years of writing, drawing, genealogy and most of my photos & purchased patterns went off into the vapor with no decent backup.

As I start rebuilding this new PC I suppose this is a great opportunity to be rid of all the outdated programs and to better organize the data I will keep (and copy) this time because another loss like that could treat me to another heart attack.

I look forward to seeing what everyone is carving and will enjoy "talking" with all of you here on the Forum.

Fair winds All,
Bruce

fwharris
06-09-2017, 01:08 PM
Well for sure welcome back you not so new newbie! Glad to know you have survived those set backs. Let me know if I can be of any assistance in getting your CarveWright life back in order.

lynnfrwd
06-09-2017, 01:36 PM
Oh, my!! Good to have you back Captain!! Glad you beat that nasty stuff.

Dale
06-09-2017, 01:58 PM
I have often wondered what happened to you. Welcome back, glad you are OK. Looking forward to seeing your work again!

Capt Bruce
06-09-2017, 02:07 PM
Why thank you Connie,
It's been a bit of an uphill fight with literally one medical or computer setback after another but I've made it through. We'll review all that over a few beers some night.

I spoke to one of your colleagues (Allen?) this morning and he was going to send me an email on recovering all my software to rebuild my computer and get back to carving. No sign of it yet but after all it took me since 2007 the first time so slow but steady recovery is my plan..

Fair winds,

Bruce

Capt Bruce
06-09-2017, 02:11 PM
Thank you Dale and very happy to be back. Lots to catch up on and a lot of files to be redrawn before I will be carving much. I appreciate your good thoughts.

lynnfrwd
06-09-2017, 02:15 PM
Why thank you Connie,
It's been a bit of an uphill fight with literally one medical or computer setback after another but I've made it through. We'll review all that over a few beers some night.

I spoke to one of your colleagues (Allen?) this morning and he was going to send me an email on recovering all my software to rebuild my computer and get back to carving. No sign of it yet but after all it took me since 2007 the first time so slow but steady recovery is my plan..

Fair winds,

Bruce

Sounds good!

We don't have an Allen. Angel or Chris maybe? I will send it to you. I assume your email address is the same?

dbemus
06-09-2017, 03:35 PM
I remember you well! So nice to see you are back!! Looking forward to having you active on the Forum again! Best wishes for a return to good health and carving!

SteveNelson46
06-09-2017, 08:47 PM
Nice to see you back, Capt. We kept the ship spruced up for you while you were gone.

Smoken D
06-10-2017, 08:54 AM
Welcome back Capt.! Fight it all the way. Been 15 years since my heart attack/5 bypasses, a few years since some strokes. Ain't gonna get me got too much carving ta get done. Can't wait till we see some of your new project pictures on the forum. Besides, you are too young:wink: Keep the wood chips a flying!

myshop1044
06-11-2017, 02:54 PM
Welcome back my buddy.

Digitalwoodshop
06-11-2017, 06:06 PM
Welcome Back !!!!

AL

ekimnamyr
06-12-2017, 08:17 AM
Welcome back Bruce,,, missed your comments and input here on the forum, glad you are back!!!!!!!

mtylerfl
06-12-2017, 09:55 AM
Missed you, Bruce! I had no idea what the reasons were for your absence. Thank you for filling us in, and welcome back!

TerryT
06-13-2017, 07:55 AM
Welcome back. These things can slow you down but can be overcome. I am familiar with heart attacks but the most puzzling issue caused me to spend 3 days in the hospital. Just about every test known to man and they couldn't find anything wrong. At the Neurologist's office a few days later the doctor picked up the MRI of my brain, glanced at it, bent down to stare at it more then said "What the hell is that?"
I've been a little concerned ever since. LOL
We wish you the best of luck Capt.
Terry

gwhiz
06-13-2017, 02:03 PM
Welcome back Bruce! Great to see you out here again!