PDA

View Full Version : JUNE 2017 Project of the Month - The Tableware Tote!

mtylerfl
06-09-2017, 11:36 AM
Hello,

This Tableware Tote project will come in mighty handy for those informal mealtime gatherings with friends and family!

The design features a shelf with four holes to hold stacks of cups - three of which can be used as dispensers for knives, forks and spoons, as well. Another nice feature is the integrated “fence” to hold paper napkins for your guests, too.

The project uses just the 1/8" Cutting Bit. No other bits are required.

The dimensions are about 15" W x 8.5" D x 9.75" T, including the carrying handle (5.75" T to top shelf).

Main Items you will need:

1) The Project Files (included):

• 1-Tableware_Tote_TOP.mpc
• 2-Tableware_Tote_BASE.mpc

2) Boards with the following dimensions:

TOP: 0.75" x 11" x 23"
BASE: 0.75" x 11" x 26"

NOTE: Do not use boards that are smaller than specified above unless using an appropriate jig. Larger boards are fine.

3) One 0.125" dia. x 1", one 0.625"dia.x 9.25", five 0.25" dia. x 4" wood dowels

4) 1" diameter round wooden ball knob

5) A Dremel-type rotary tool with assorted sanding wheels and bits to sand small details. A spindle sander and small belt sander is also recommended to speed up preparation for finishing.

Apply your choice of finish. I left the wood natural and applied several coats of clear Krylon spray overall to the sample Tableware Tote made from Select Pine. I sanded between coats with 400-grit wet/dry sandpaper to yield a smooth finish.

dbemus
06-09-2017, 03:28 PM
Great idea!! Very attractive design and certainly useful with the out door cooking season! Thanks Michael!

BobC33
06-13-2017, 05:59 PM
Yea it's a great idea but today is the 13th...Where is the project? How long before I get it..........

mtylerfl
06-13-2017, 07:23 PM
Yea it's a great idea but today is the 13th...Where is the project? How long before I get it..........

I don't know. I thought the files would be available yesterday at the latest. I'll check on it tomorrow for you.

mtylerfl
06-14-2017, 09:42 AM
I contacted CarveWright. They thought it had already been processed for distribution, but upon double checking, it had not. They are now working on it today.