PDA

View Full Version : old programming verses new progamming when it comes to texts on patterns

bamaman315
06-06-2017, 05:32 PM
I have saved patterns from the old programming , and now that I have the new programming with a new carvewright machine. when I open the old patterns the text is distortorted, I try and make a new pattern the text always seems to be in a slanted mode instead of being equal in the way it appears on the preview pane. how do you fix this?

lynnfrwd
06-07-2017, 10:32 AM
Does the new computer have same font in the Windows Font folder that you used in the old computer?

Digitalwoodshop
06-07-2017, 11:07 AM
That was my first thought too... Font used in the past not on new computer...

Also check to see if the test has any restraints where the distance is in yellow.

mtylerfl
06-07-2017, 12:44 PM
I recall this sort of problem being reported soon after some of the text handling code was changed for Designer 2. I haven't heard any other reports for a long time (except MAYBE yours), and they weren't that numerous to begin with anyway. That gave me the impression it wasn't a huge issue.

Of course, check the obvious regarding whether it's just a font substitution as already mentioned (i.e., absence of the original font on whatever computer you're running now)

bergerud
06-08-2017, 12:35 AM
The new software has a new font engine. (Needed for new features like edit envelope.) I think you will either have to use 1.188 to upload to the card or redo the text in the new Designer.