PDA

View Full Version : Made my first ever file, but......

liltritter
05-14-2017, 02:08 PM
Well I made my first ever file following a tutorial, things went well until........

84175 the file I made...

Also, considering buying Have all the other software .... what do you think, yes, no, wait.......... I use adobe Illustrator for my vectors....

Pattern Modeling Suite (3d Advanced) (SW-3DS01)

Pattern Sculptor (SW-PS-01)

Any input would be appreciated..... The board settings 30" x 10" x 1" lowest depth for the carving is .3 set to bit op best. 1/16 ball nose.

Thanks
Christine

PS, sort of a special file for me, hubby passed away in Nov, he would have loved this.

fwharris
05-14-2017, 02:40 PM
Great design and very sure hubby would be very proud of it. You warring message is because the max cutting depth of the 1/8" straight cutting bit that us used for cutting out the sign in only 0.800" and your board thickness is 1". Normal off the shelf board are .75" even though they call it 1".

If you already have the other software add ons then getting the two that you mentioned would be a good addition.

bergerud
05-14-2017, 05:59 PM
Actually, the max cutting depth for the 1/8" cutting bit depends on how you set up the project. If you start with a 1" thick board, you can cut to 1". If you start with a thinner board, make a cut through and then try and change the board thickness, 15/16" will be the max. (You have to undo the cutout, change to 1" thickness and then redo the cutout.) (The 0.8" max is for the standard 1/16" carving bit.)

fwharris
05-14-2017, 08:20 PM
That could be the case. She posted this of FB and after she changed the thickness to .75 the message went away.

liltritter
05-15-2017, 08:44 PM
Thank you to everyone who replied. I did get the message to go away by changing the thickness to .75 and I went ahead and got the last two softwares.... now to just learn what the heck I am doing.

Christine